2.4 Transmission questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deezil

Reaction score
Transmission, new to me 2011 2.4 ls. Anyone here a trans expert? How do I find out what model the trans is, I see listings mentioning a 3 digit model of the trans.
Also, mine is shuddering, barely wanting to move, solenoid thing? Im searching as much as I can to figure it out.

Like to try to fix it, but trying to diagnose first.
Thanks

Deezil

Reaction score
Also, how to identify, been searching like crazy, but places ask about an ID and OPT, I ran the vin, it appears to be a 6t45 trans, MHC, but trying to figure out the rest.. Thank you

capecodbeachfront

Reaction score
Ours was the 3 speed.... Pressure plate(?) blew up at 55K miles but beyond the 5 year warranty. Zero support from dealer who gave the usual 'never heard of that problem' answer. $4000 for a rebuilt got me another 2 years.... We now drive a Nissan Rogue.

cavell

Reaction score
I bet yours is mhc-1dtw code. Mine is. But, I bought it broke so it did not cost a lot. $800 for used trans. Vs a rebuild.

Deezil

Reaction score
I bet yours is mhc-1dtw code. Mine is. But, I bought it broke so it did not cost a lot. $800 for used trans. Vs a rebuild.
I gave a buddy that works at a chevy dealership my VIN, hope he can tell me what it is. Not sure if I want to try to rebuild it, or just get a used one and replace it yet.

Deezil

Reaction score
OK, finally took the transmission out and apart, wave plate broke, wrecked some internal parts. Im making a video about the process for others.. BUT, what years of 6t45 can I swap into this? Anyone know what the different codes mean also? MH7 work in my MHC 1DTW?

I see alot of used trans out there, so thinking about swapping one in instead of rebuilding right now, if I can find enough info on these trans compatibility.

Thanks!

Deezil

Reaction score
Price of parts was getting spendy, as so many pieces were damaged, I found a low mile used trans and stuck it in there. Ill make a video on how to do it for others soon.

Members online

No members online now.