09 Equinox LOST ALL POWER while driving suddenly.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

c927hris

Reaction score
I am posting on behalf of other 09 Chevy Equinox owners to get advice or possibly help aomebody out. Driving maybe 25 mineuts from my house suddenly the locks started going crazy, power on dash flashing than going out, loss of power steering and acceleration. I stopped at a gas station freaked out restarted the SUV 15 min later drove about 2 minuets and it lost power again I could barely drive 5 mph! Well I had it towed and spent 500$ on the alternator which the next day after the shop it lost power again after 10 minuets of driving i turned it off and back on and made it home also the Stablitrac light came on. I also had a rough idle issue and the engine shut off before like the rpms would move and it shut itself off. I replaced the EGR valve maybe a month before the power loss. Well the egr valve screw was stripped and left a small gap " Shop tried to convince me the whole NEW valve was garabge and stripped I spent 2$ at autozone for a new screw and it tightened up fine this was after I bought the alternator" Okay so here I am i tightend the EGR mounting screw and I had noooo idea what to do next!! I was afraid to drive. Well after doing the following SOMEHOW I havent had a break down and i have done over 1 hour trips.. I replaced the MEGA fuse which no auto shops had I kust quickly stopped by the chevy dealer it cost $14. I replaced it so far so good than I replaced all 6 spark plugs and I havent had a power loss since. After replacing only the Mega fuse i was able to drive about 35 minuets but had a slight jerk after 20 minuets but the jerk went away after replacing the spark plugs and my 1 hour trip 2 hour round trip seemed to be okay. The Stablitrac light came on once again but went off and hasnt been om simce after a few more trips. so at the moment its driving well and im super confused to what the heck the inital issue even was!! If you're having these issues i strongly encourge replacing the mega fuse just incase its cheap and super super super easy to change just need i belive a 10mm socket takes 1 minuet or 2. Any advice or similoar issues or work done? I would love to hear back from everybody! Im new it's my first tome posting :)

Members online

No members online now.