06 Equinox Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjsmith0703

Reaction score
I have a 06 Equinox. Today, I returned home and jumped out of the car as usual. While I was walking to the front of the car I heard a gurgeling sound coming from the engine. When I looked under it was leaking water/coolant. It was leaking under the passengers side. After a bit, it stopped. My wife filled up the overflow and I cranked the car. For a few mintues it was fine. Then it started leaking again, same spot. I have no idea what it is? I've got under the vehichle but still can't find out where it's coming from. I believe it's coming from around the belts somewhere. My guess would be the water pump but I really have no idea. Thanks

Trebor

Reaction score
Need to get one of those devices to pressurize the coolant system when cold. Then closely inspect to determine leak location.
Several years ago, I had this happen on a ford. Stupidly, I convinced my self it was the head gasket. After replacing, still leaking coolant! I was mortified.
This'll sound funny but it actually worked: I sealed my lips around the coolant reservoir (while cold) and pressurized with my breath alone. My wife could see the leak squirting water but didn't really know what she was looking at. So, we reversed roles, she blew and I watched: turned out it was the front engine cover gasket.

scooter 64

Reaction score
Look at the bypass hoses for coolant. On the underside of the hoses, It may be your intake gasket, or waterpump, you may need to get under it with a light and look more

cavell

Reaction score
You don’t need to pressurize the coolant system. The motor is doing it for you. You added coolant. And see leak. Could be waterpump. Could be hose. Can you fix either?

Members online

No members online now.