05 radio swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chad

Reaction score
I have a2005 Chevy Equinox and was wanting to put a radio out of a 2008 Equinox in it but the wiring harness doesn't match up I was hoping that they made a warness to go to the new radio from the old harness any ideas?

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I've done several radio swaps over the years and I don't know if it's good or bad but I'm so cheap, I'd rather cut the factory wire connector and solder all the radio wires to the vehicle wires. I always leave enough wire on the cut connector in case I need to revert back to stock and there are always ways of making the right connector with radio harnesses out of the junk yard.

But that's just me wanting to save 30 sometimes 40 dollars on a project.

prheaume

Reaction score
I always prefer to use the harness because I'm a guy who often change headunit as I constantly want to upgrade haha

Now on my Kenwood touchscreen I have the siriusXM radio, next step is to get one with navigation. But it could happen to be fitted in a Dodge Ram as I now work for Dodge dealer and I see nice trucks everyday haha

Tonyacordell85

Reaction score
I've done several radio swaps over the years and I don't know if it's good or bad but I'm so cheap, I'd rather cut the factory wire connector and solder all the radio wires to the vehicle wires. I always leave enough wire on the cut connector in case I need to revert back to stock and there are always ways of making the right connector with radio harnesses out of the junk yard.

But that's just me wanting to save 30 sometimes 40 dollars on a project.
How do u know what wires go to what. I do the same with the cutting off the factor harness & soldering the wires but I knew what wires went to what. I would rather not buy a harness if I don't have too

Members online

No members online now.