02 sensor issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Limbs4

Reaction score
I have a 2010 with the 3.0. I recently replaced the timing chains and tensioners after it jumped time. After replacing the chains and tensioners, I am getting codes for bank 1 sensor 2 low voltage and stuck lean as well as codes for the heater side of the sensor. I replaced the sensor and repaired the exhaust leaks I had. I am still getting the same codes. I have checked voltage coming to the sensor and I get 1.5 volts. I also checked ohms on the sensor side and have resistance. Can anyone point me in another direction to look?

Attachments

• 4F2A59C0-B661-4EF3-B6DB-CF6DF2CEFC90.jpeg
    4F2A59C0-B661-4EF3-B6DB-CF6DF2CEFC90.jpeg
    147.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 0A1B2ED2-4383-4089-993E-EF1316818889.jpeg
    0A1B2ED2-4383-4089-993E-EF1316818889.jpeg
    153.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 8B4011DF-AEB4-4476-AA3F-2549DC28520E.jpeg
    8B4011DF-AEB4-4476-AA3F-2549DC28520E.jpeg
    158.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 375A30B6-A72D-4B1C-A6C0-1B7FC79FC442.jpeg
    375A30B6-A72D-4B1C-A6C0-1B7FC79FC442.jpeg
    110.4 KB · Views: 1

corvairbob

Reaction score
by any chance you did not pinch a wire under a valve cover did you. if that happend just after the repair that could be a reaso. on my 2013 2.4 i pinched a coil wire and all if a succen i had a misfire i did not have before.

one other thing i changed the vvt soilnoids and i got tons of codes after that timing chain repair so i cleaned the old valves and put them back in and the codes went away. i have no clue why the new valves would have caused those codes. and they were not related to any thing in the timing. i do not rememmer them now but some were for temp and the mass air flow etc, just random codes

but make sure the wires are not broken or pinched and shorted and are actually not revversed. good luck

Limbs4

Reaction score
by any chance you did not pinch a wire under a valve cover did you. if that happend just after the repair that could be a reaso. on my 2013 2.4 i pinched a coil wire and all if a succen i had a misfire i did not have before.

one other thing i changed the vvt soilnoids and i got tons of codes after that timing chain repair so i cleaned the old valves and put them back in and the codes went away. i have no clue why the new valves would have caused those codes. and they were not related to any thing in the timing. i do not rememmer them now but some were for temp and the mass air flow etc, just random codes

but make sure the wires are not broken or pinched and shorted and are actually not revversed. good luck
Thank you for the response. I have traced the wires from the sensor all the way to the ECU and haven’t found any thing picked or broken. I am sure they are pinched or shorted but I can’t seem to find anything. I will keep looking. It’s probably in the plastic cover somewhere I can’t see.

corvairbob

Reaction score
maybe some others will be able to help you out. by any chace have you changed out the sensors? could be a fluke and htey failed at that time. also you did not get any oil on the 02 wires? if thye wires colse to the plugs got oil on them that oil may have migrated to the sensor and now the sensor is readin oil for the check and the burnt gas for the condition. i had that on a lebaron and i found the oil was coming from the power steering pump and forced int othe 02 harness. i put in 6 sensore before i found the issue. so check the harnes at the plug and ss if it is got oil on it if so you may need a new sensor. and mae sure you do not have oil getting into the wires as they breath our air to make the check on the burnt gasses.

corvairbob

Reaction score
you know another thing i thought of is are you absolutly sure you got the timeing 100% correct?

also that code is for running rich if the sensor is bad from oil contanination or another cause you will get rich burning and that code. i got it all the time. i would put in a new 02 and in 15 miles it would be setting the code and the mpg would drop like a brick to 15 mpg. that is the default mmpg during open loop. when i finally found out why the sensor was failing and fixed it i have yet to get the code and the mpg is up to 22 mpg for city driving. that is good for the 95 3.0 auto lebaron. if you can look at the wires on the sensor giving that code and see oil on them then the sensor must be contaminated and you need a new one and then fix what is causing the oil unless you got oil on it during the repairs and did not notice. you can't fix them you can't clean them as the oil gets into the 02. if i can find the one i broke to show wells auto center i will post it for you i looked and did not have them anymore.

Last edited:

Limbs4

Reaction score
maybe some others will be able to help you out. by any chace have you changed out the sensors? could be a fluke and htey failed at that time. also you did not get any oil on the 02 wires? if thye wires colse to the plugs got oil on them that oil may have migrated to the sensor and now the sensor is readin oil for the check and the burnt gas for the condition. i had that on a lebaron and i found the oil was coming from the power steering pump and forced int othe 02 harness. i put in 6 sensore before i found the issue. so check the harnes at the plug and ss if it is got oil on it if so you may need a new sensor. and mae sure you do not have oil getting into the wires as they breath our air to make the check on the burnt gasses.
I have replaced the sensor and same thing happened. Oddly, the check engine light doesn’t come on until after the engine has been shut off. It never comes on while driving after the codes have been cleared. I have cleaned all the connections with MAF cleaner. I am still going to pull all the wires from the plastic loom to see if I have some broken wires or areas rubbed through.

corvairbob

Reaction score
did you make sure the clener was dry befor you put them together? if any chemicals get into the sensor wires that can thro the readings. mine on my 95 never turne on until after i shut it off and back on also. have you looked for some YT videos on this? you may find the southwestmain auto channel may ahve done one of these and posted a fix for it. also make sure you didnot forget a ground reconnection/ for the ecu htye have lots of grounding points if you left one off or got a blrokenone and just figure it is ok. it is not ok. so just for shits and grins put a ground on the engien and the frame or even run one to the battery. a poor or missing ground will set off the CEL fast as will. so look real close fr missing or gorunds that did not get put back and make sure the engien has a wired ground do not rely on the bolts for gorunds most of the engien is rubber mounted.

corvairbob

Reaction score
here is a link to causes and possible fixes for you to read thru.

here are videos to check out and see if any are close to your issues.

corvairbob

Reaction score
here is the southwest main auto doing a p0141 p0036 if you do not have to get your dcar scanned for plates then that code is a bad cat and you can let it ride and also maybe install one of those setbacks to get the sensor out of the stream. if you want to get it foxed then maybe this video will help out.

Limbs4

Reaction score
did you make sure the clener was dry befor you put them together? if any chemicals get into the sensor wires that can thro the readings. mine on my 95 never turne on until after i shut it off and back on also. have you looked for some YT videos on this? you may find the southwestmain auto channel may ahve done one of these and posted a fix for it. also make sure you didnot forget a ground reconnection/ for the ecu htye have lots of grounding points if you left one off or got a blrokenone and just figure it is ok. it is not ok. so just for shits and grins put a ground on the engien and the frame or even run one to the battery. a poor or missing ground will set off the CEL fast as will. so look real close fr missing or gorunds that did not get put back and make sure the engien has a wired ground do not rely on the bolts for gorunds most of the engien is rubber mounted.
Thanks for the comment. I believe all of the grounds were put back in place and seem like they are all good. I will run a ground to the engine as well as from the battery just to see if that does anything.

Members online

No members online now.