‘22 LT check-in, and a noise concern

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wns808

Reaction score
I get varying road noise on some stretches of asphalt, but not thumping.

I travel the same highway to and from work and there is a stretch on the way home that there is some difference in the asphalt and it reacts with the tires to make an odd (and different) noise than anywhere else. I hear this same odd noise on one or two other spots I drive often.

This is not related to the Hankook Kinergy Gt on my 2022, my 2013 with Michelins also made a different noise on this same stretch, and with different tires (brands and snow tires).

Not sure how helpful that is, just throwing it out there.
Update: dealer still couldn’t find anything wrong with my ‘22 and after spending a bit of time with a ‘20 Nox, it seems these do have a bit of road noise to them as I’ve heard a few similar sounds on the ‘20 as my ‘22. Probably something I’m gonna have to get used to. Therefore, I’m raising the white flag, surrendering, and gonna have to accept the fact this is how the 3rd generation Nox’s are designed. I also just don’t have the time to keep taking off work to chase this nor waste anymore time, especially with the BBB or an arbitration on this anymore. Otherwise I still love my ‘22, although idk why they went cheap a bit from ‘20 to ‘22 by no longer having fog lights or the homelink receiver on LT trims, something the loaner ‘20 Nox has but my ‘22 doesn’t. Guess I’ll just turn up the radio some 🤣

Chevyenginox

Reaction score
Sorry for your troubles. I have a 22 with 10k miles, it’s my company car and I drive A LOT! Mine does not make a thumping noise, nothing at all and is decently quiet. I think somethings wrong. If it stayed after changing tires, my hunch is a wheel bearing hard to say. It sounds like it’s intermittent? When it happens does it’s frequency speed up and down with speed? Also, do you feel a vibration either in the steering wheel or car itself? I’m a hobby mechanic and love proving the dealership wrong so I’d be glad to help, haha!

wns808

Reaction score
Sorry for your troubles. I have a 22 with 10k miles, it’s my company car and I drive A LOT! Mine does not make a thumping noise, nothing at all and is decently quiet. I think somethings wrong. If it stayed after changing tires, my hunch is a wheel bearing hard to say. It sounds like it’s intermittent? When it happens does it’s frequency speed up and down with speed? Also, do you feel a vibration either in the steering wheel or car itself? I’m a hobby mechanic and love proving the dealership wrong so I’d be glad to help, haha!
Appreciate you man! However, I just don’t have the time to keep taking off work to chase this and the energy to continue to argue with the dealership about this, nor do I want to invest anymore time with the BBB or costs of an outside shop. I think I may take an L on my Nox and have it bought back for something else. Kinda sucks it’s come to this and it’s a shame I really liked my Nox too, but it’s just not worth the frustration anymore 😞

ricklack

Reaction score
Update: vehicle is now with the same dealer a 2nd time. Currently have a loaner ‘20 Nox from the dealer. Was also greeted with a snarky attitude from the prior advisor and she told me “Thank you for the bad survey even though I had nothing to do with it ..” Hopefully there is a fix this time. Service manager didn’t even have the guts to face me and show any remorse .. coward. He probably knows he fucked up the 1st time and that this time I mean business. This will all be noted in the next survey

BTW my loaner ‘20 Nox has 44k on its clock and doesn’t even near make the noise at 50+ mph my ‘22 Nox is making

Advised the dealer arbitration will be the next steps if they can’t find a fix and for them to try different roads
Any update on your issue?

wns808

Reaction score
sorry all, been M.I.A. for awhile but wanted to give a quick update on my ‘22 LT. I’ve decided to go to different dealer that not only was closer to me, but far more helpful. My ‘Nox suffered a small accident a few months ago but thankfully nobody got hurt. However the collision shop that fixed the left rear corner of my ‘Nox inadvertently disconnected my blind spot and parking assist sensors, resulting in both a “Service side detection system “ and “service park assist system” in the DIC. Had a chance to take my ‘Nox to the dealer to fix both messages as well as an oil change, and with a new set of Continental ProContact TX tires mounted & balanced, plus a wheel alignment and unaware some of my alignment’s were out of spec until the alignment was done, everything is all quiet and smooth for right now. Even used some myRewards points that GM gave me when I complained to their resolutions department last fall to snazz up my ‘Nox with some accessories and have the dealer install them. In addition to the front/rear floor liners I got when I first got the ‘Nox, my ‘22 LT is sitting pretty with some black bow ties front and back, black “Equinox” & “LT” emblems and a newly installed rear cargo liner .. and I will say the black emblems and bow ties compliment the Summit White paint very well.. now having some reclaimed love for my ‘Nox

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.