Replacing 08 (3.4) Condensor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave00

Reaction score
Guys/Gals,

Excuse my ignorance as I am new to this forum and the Equinox. My father in-law needs help replacing his A/C condenser as we found a leak in the front of it the other day. System won't hold 134a and ran some dye to find the leak right in the middle/bottom of the front of the condensor. Have a new one on the way and will be installing it this weekend and then pulling a vac and recharging the system. Couple of questions:

1) I have done several A/C's so I'm not new to them just to this design. It looks as if the Accum/Dryer is built into the Condenser, how do you add PAG oil to the Accumulator as you do prior to install on most systems? Also, how much pag oil and what type does the whole system hold? I'll be adding just a little as the compressor is staying.

2) How do you get this thing out? Remove the whole front bumper/facia? Most that I have done lift out the top when you remove the radiator shroud, however this one is recessed under the upperframe rail.

Any insight is much appreciated and thanks for your help.

Dave

Last edited:

SPH01

Reaction score
Have you checked with the dealer on this?, Mine went out (less than a year)but They mentioned that the factory had a problem (they installed two new units both leaked). The service rep stated the factory was aware of the problem and we had to wait over a month for a new and improved? model came in and was installed.

Dave00

Reaction score
Have you checked with the dealer on this?, Mine went out (less than a year)but They mentioned that the factory had a problem (they installed two new units both leaked). The service rep stated the factory was aware of the problem and we had to wait over a month for a new and improved? model came in and was installed.

No I havn't but the car is far out of warranty and has 78K on the clock. Do you know the model of the new unit or if this was a recall?

Members online

No members online now.