Replace timing chain 2.4 2011 equinox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tboatwright

Reaction score
Engine started and was running rough before timing chain replacement
I replace timing chain, exhaust phazer, guides
Tensioner now
No start
I no the crank and cam sensors are good because it started up can anybody help me my cam features are both the same it has two crank sensors excuse me cam sensors and one crank sensor I turned the crank 720° change lineup after about turning it forever they line up but mostly used to go off one key maybe two Links at the most I've had seven links got fire no crank got fuel no crank new battery starter fine everything was working when I change the chain and the components in it nothing happens help please help

tboatwright

Reaction score
Tensioner now
No start
I no the crank and cam sensors are good because it started up can anybody help me my cam features are both the same it has two crank sensors excuse me cam sensors and one crank sensor I turned the crank 720° change lineup after about turning it forever they line up but mostly used to go off one key maybe two Links at the most I've had seven links got fire no crank got fuel no crank new battery starter fine everything was working when I change the chain and the components in it nothing happens help please help
Sorry about that folks I'm not computer and cell phone expert like my kids and grandkids
it's a 2011 equinox LT AWD got a 175,000 miles on it excuse me 57,000 I'm surprised it made it that far
Tensioner now
No start

corvairbob

Reaction score
have you figured this out yet. your a bit confusing you say the engine started and ran rough and then you say no start? so no start after your rebuild?

you have to get the crank at tdc and the #1 cam has to have the lobes pointing downward. then you install the chain and the phasers if needed make sure you got the correct phasers. the lea engine are both the same.

go to the cloyes website and run the vin to see if your vin uses the same or different phasers if you changed them

get the codes if any and post.

so do a YT on changing the timing chain on that engine or let us know ans someone will link you to them. the timing marks will not be aligned after you turn the crank one turn. so do not look for that. double check you engine the lea uses the same cams and phasers.

let us know how your doing so we can coach you. and let us know how ti is doing.

good luck

Members online