Happy to be here!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rathmullan

Reaction score
Hello All!

I am seriously considering the purchase of a new or certified Equinox w/AWD (due to climate where I live) and I hope to learn from all of you the ins and outs of the vehicle and the importance (or lack thereof) of various options. Thank You in advance and have a great day!:)

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
Welcome to the group! I have a 2018 premier 2.0 T. It is absolutely a fantastic vehicle. I love the options of the premier. The only drawbacks I have encountered: Leak in the panoramic roof and keeping traction under hard acceleration. I always use 4 wheel in the rain and sometimes when i have to merge from a slow speed. If you get the panoramic roof, keep the gutter and drains clean and you should be fine.

Rathmullan

Reaction score
Thank You Hey Vern! I appreciate your observations. At my stage of my life I see only disadvantages in sun roofs. Please elaborate on traction. Are you referring to front tire spin when you accelerate from a dead stop in cases where awd is not engaged?

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
Thank You Hey Vern! I appreciate your observations. At my stage of my life I see only disadvantages in sun roofs. Please elaborate on traction. Are you referring to front tire spin when you accelerate from a dead stop in cases where awd is not engaged?
I spin the tires from a stop or sometimes if i'm rolling at low speed and merge when awd is not engaged. It may be the tires that it has on. My next set will be Michelin to see if they grip any better. Of course i could accelerate easier or just use awd all the time. The 2.0 is quick. It's quarter mile time is 14.8 seconds. That's faster than a 68 Camaro z28.

Rathmullan

Reaction score
Oh Right! I forgot you had the 2.0. Well, that's a nice problem to have! I'm guessing that is not a problem with the 1.5. I owned a 69 Z/28.

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
Beautiful! 230 cid? and is that natucket blue?
Thanks!
It was a 210 hp 327 with a power-glide originally. The guy before me put a rod through the original block. I still have the glide and a 67 327, but it is bored 30 with roller rockers, fuelie heads, and a Holley 650.
It was Marina Blue. It is now 1997 Pontiac Medium Blue Metallic. It is similar, but has some copper pearl in it.
Ive owned it for 41 years now.

Members online