2011 Equinox 2.4L Recal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Yes I partly agree but you can't fix something that ain't broke.

Or at least acknowledge the problem. They will get it right for you!

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Yes I partly agree but you can't fix something that ain't broke.

Or at least acknowledge the problem. They will get it right for you!

[email protected]

Reaction score
our 2011 equinox 4cyl built 5/2011 is having problem with rpm racing, and car jerking. we had 11195 recall done at 5,200. We are now at 7,100 miles. All went well between recall and now. I am afraid of this vehicle. We bought it in June 2011. We are senior citizens and were looking forward to traveling by car.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Just two weeks ago, my 2011 equinox LT, 2.4, had the same problem as you describe. The engined revved up to 4.000 rpm's and hesitated leaving my driveway. I called my dealership, they towed the car in but were not able to duplicate nor get a code. They kept the car 6 days but did give me a loaner. They never found the problem. It has not done it since. Did your dealer find anything? Now I already had had the recall 11195 done to include the oil change. I have filed the problem with the engine revving with the National Highway Traffic Safety Asso. I hope you see this and respond.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Just two weeks ago, my 2011 equinox LT, 2.4, had the same problem as you describe. The engined revved up to 4.000 rpm's and hesitated leaving my driveway. I called my dealership, they towed the car in but were not able to duplicate nor get a code. They kept the car 6 days but did give me a loaner. They never found the problem. It has not done it since. Did your dealer find anything? Now I already had had the recall 11195 done to include the oil change. I have filed the problem with the engine revving with the National Highway Traffic Safety Asso. I hope you see this and respond.

Were you trying to quote someone?

I think the 11195 recall would have fixed this issue unless it happened after the fact. Its for the cam shaft positioning sensor or at least so I think it is... Did they reflash the ecm?

[email protected]

Reaction score
I had the recall done Sept. 24th. The engine revving happened Nov 9th. I have not had it happen since but wonder every time I get in the car if it is going to.

I didn't mean to quote. I am still figuring out how to do things.

[email protected]

Reaction score
My vehicle is back in the shop for the 3rd time. Service engine light came on. Onstar advised me to drive it for 5 more days to see if it corrected itself. I am a senior citizen but not stupid. I took it in to the dealer this morning and have a loaner. Will be interesting to see what they find this time. this is a 2011 equinox 2.4 4cyl.

[email protected]

Reaction score
2011 equinox 4cyl LT

We picked up our car from the dealership Friday afternoon. They said there was a lot of carbon in the gas. They cleaned the injectors and told us to use the gas in the tank and start using another station when buying gas. It seems to me they are trying to put the blame somewhere else. We still have about a 1/4 tank gas so will do as instructed and see if it makes a difference.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Those solenoid valves have been redesigned, keeping the same part numbers. There are some comparative photos of them available at http://www.digitalimprints.net/Random-Iphone-Photos/Random-iphone-photos/14524766_bXvm3h/2/1545101335_VCQVfqM#!i=1545103674&k=hGbj2m9

I like new parts!

DSC0009-M.jpg

Haskett74

Reaction score
Just got mine 2 months agoand it is doing the same thing. Was wondering what the out come of yours was. I was given a code of the cam shaft actuator but then was told it was the ECM (very expensive).

Shawnaliving

Reaction score
2013 same issue

August 2011 letter from Chevrolet - 2011 Equinox with 2.4L recalled to repair camshaft position actuator solenoid. Result of problem is rough idle, poor driveability, and/or stalling at low throttle opening.

I am having no problems but taking the car in tomorrow. Told the fix will take 1.5 hours.

My 2013 Equinox has same symptoms with P0010/11 coming up. I'm sitting at the dealership now waiting to see whether it's the solenoid or actuator or both. Actuator not covered past 36k miles, but solenoid covered under 100 k power train. Praying it's a covered warranty repair. I bought it used from another dealership a couple of weeks ago.

EquiNik

Reaction score
I have had the camshaft position actuator solenoid replaced twice already. July 2015 (P0011) and May 2016 (P0014) and the light came on again in Aug 10 (P0014). How is it possible that in less than three months of being replaced the same one has gone bad again. The first time the dealer replaced under 100K warranty. The second time at my expense $125. Now I will have to have it changed again. Is it really supposed to be going bad this often?

Bmxnox

Reaction score
Just reading this

How do I find out if the recall was taken care of from the privious owner? (and will it still be repaired?)

Thank you =)

Melanie

Reaction score
I'm having this problem now I've had my car about 6 months now I'm going to dealership tomorrow

Wtc00rjk

Reaction score
2015 Equinox p0010 and p0011 error codes

Does the recall include all years or 2011 only? I see several different model years have the same problem

Members online

No members online now.