Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox General Discussion > 2010+ Equinox Maintenance

2010+ Equinox Maintenance

warning lights

This is a discussion on warning lights within the 2010+ Equinox Maintenance forums, part of the Chevy Equinox General Discussion category!
My 2010 Exuinox just had its abs and service stabilitrak warning lights come on. Anybody seen anything similar?...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2015, 12:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

mejorda is on a distinguished road
Exclamation warning lights

My 2010 Exuinox just had its abs and service stabilitrak warning lights come on. Anybody seen anything similar?
mejorda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 09:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Admin

dietz4ibanez is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mejorda View Post
My 2010 Exuinox just had its abs and service stabilitrak warning lights come on. Anybody seen anything similar?

I did and there were many things that it was suggesting to fix on other forums and I tried just about everything until I finally found the fix.

I found a TSB that I can't seem to find now for the life of me but it was alluding to the speed sensors thats found on the back side of the hub/bearing assembly. The TSB was for brake dust or other debris to accumulate on this ring, once you clean it off, it should fix problem. Once you look at the back side of the hub, you will see the internal splines of the hub. Just outside of that is a ring that might appear plastic/nylon. Clean that ring with detergent like dish soup and not to use any heavy degreasers. If this does not fix the issue at the point they recommend replacing the hub.

When I did mine, I hooked up a scanner so it told me exactly which wheel it was. I was about to disassemble the entire hub after removing the wheel, brakes, ect. But all I had to do was look on the back side of the hub from under the vehicle and I used my air compressor to shoot air at it and a cloud of debris came off of that ring/speed sensor.
dietz4ibanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 07:02 PM   #3 (permalink)

Panoramic PEI is on a distinguished road

Verify the Fuses first, there are several, that was my experience for the fix.
Refer to the Owner's Manual for the location of these fuses.
Panoramic PEI is offline   Reply With Quote