Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox General Discussion > 2010+ Equinox Maintenance

2010+ Equinox Maintenance

Stabil Trac System

This is a discussion on Stabil Trac System within the 2010+ Equinox Maintenance forums, part of the Chevy Equinox General Discussion category!
My "Service Stabil Trac" light has come on twice in the past month. On both occassions, it went out after ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2013, 10:29 AM   #1 (permalink)

Ken Rosey is on a distinguished road
Default Stabil Trac System

My "Service Stabil Trac" light has come on twice in the past month. On both occassions, it went out after re-starting the vehicle. I spoke to the dealer and was told the light has to be on for a diagnoses of the problem. Even though the light is now off, I'm taking it in to the dealer. Does anyone know what some common problems are, the fix, and what's involved with the "service"?

Thanks,
Ken
Ken Rosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Admin

dietz4ibanez is on a distinguished road

I haven't got a clue on this one. It will be interesting to learn what might be triggering this! Keep us updated if you can!
dietz4ibanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

TheDeuce is on a distinguished road
Default Stabilitrak

I don't know if this applies, however I have similar problem with my 2006 Trailblazer with Stabilitrak. It was determined on those vehicles that sometimes during cold weather (less than 50 with my truck), if you park the front wheels at an angle, the sensors in the front wheels will not have a good connection upon startup, and will report a fault. If the wheels are parked straight, the system should be fine. I've noticed that as soon as I start moving, if the light comes on, I stop the car, restart it, and then keep going. The light should be off by then. Its just become habit to remember to park the car with the wheels straight and I usually don't have to worry about it. Hope this helps!
TheDeuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:49 AM   #4 (permalink)

DVB1 is on a distinguished road

I agree w/ deuce, we had this happen last month, several subzero days and my wife was called off work because of the weather so the EQ sat through those days. When she went back to work, on the way home she receive the "Service Stabil Trac" and lost power steering! The next morning everything was fine. Not sure how the wheels were but with a few days of snow and -4 to -12 days and the EQ not moving, I can see weather being the cause of this.