Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox General Discussion > 2010+ Equinox Maintenance

2010+ Equinox Maintenance

New Member. 2013 Transmission questions.

This is a discussion on New Member. 2013 Transmission questions. within the 2010+ Equinox Maintenance forums, part of the Chevy Equinox General Discussion category!
Hi all! New member from eastern Ohio. I tried searching before asking but had no luck. I have some transmission ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mark740

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2019, 10:38 AM   #1 (permalink)

Mark740 is on a distinguished road
Default New Member. 2013 Transmission questions.

Hi all!
New member from eastern Ohio.
I tried searching before asking but had no luck.
I have some transmission questions.
I have the 2013 6 cylinder AWD LT.
My transmission has started to shudder upon acceleration. Not every time but often when I take off especially if going up hill or otherwise accelerating quickly.
1. Has anyone else experienced this and found the fix? If so, what was the fix?
2. Also, I see where my fill cap is but have read there may be a "window" to check the fluid level. Does anyone know where this is/how to check my fluid level?

I'm wondering if it may be low or need changing though I see no signs of a leak. Wishful thinking probably but hoping there is a fix without sending her in for repairs especially since I don't know anyone in my area that does transmissions and have been lied to by the shops before. I don't mind spending money to maintain my vehicles but I really hate being robbed.

Any help appreciated.
spyro69.te likes this.
Mark740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 10:18 PM   #2 (permalink)

spyro69.te is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Mark740 View Post
Hi all!

New member from eastern Ohio.

I tried searching before asking but had no luck.

I have some transmission questions.

I have the 2013 6 cylinder AWD LT.

My transmission has started to shudder upon acceleration. Not every time but often when I take off especially if going up hill or otherwise accelerating quickly.

1. Has anyone else experienced this and found the fix? If so, what was the fix?

2. Also, I see where my fill cap is but have read there may be a "window" to check the fluid level. Does anyone know where this is/how to check my fluid level?

I'm wondering if it may be low or need changing though I see no signs of a leak. Wishful thinking probably but hoping there is a fix without sending her in for repairs especially since I don't know anyone in my area that does transmissions and have been lied to by the shops before. I don't mind spending money to maintain my vehicles but I really hate being robbed.

Any help appreciated.
Following

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
spyro69.te is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 11:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

Cliff is on a distinguished road

The transmissions on the Nox/Terrain really are really hard on fluid. Some, including me, have taken to changing it out long before the recommended interval in the manual. At least every 50k miles. I have seen trans fluid getting bad as low as 35k miles in some of these vehicles. I know that I changed out the trans, transfer case, and rear diff fluids at roughly 35K and I am glad I did. The differential lube was horrid. The transfer case lube was not bad. The Transmission fluid was starting to discolor from its normal cherry red. I now will change all drive train fluids every 35K miles.

If you have not changed it out, that could explain the shuddering you are getting in the trans. The fluid is past its life cycle. Best to change soon.
Cliff is offline   Reply With Quote