Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox General Discussion > 2010+ Equinox Maintenance

2010+ Equinox Maintenance

Help! My Equinox is Dying

This is a discussion on Help! My Equinox is Dying within the 2010+ Equinox Maintenance forums, part of the Chevy Equinox General Discussion category!
At one point, it failed to charge the battery for a day. After that, I started noticing strange things like ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2017, 09:21 AM   #1 (permalink)

striker is on a distinguished road
Default Help! My Equinox is Dying

At one point, it failed to charge the battery for a day. After that, I started noticing strange things like the display shutting off and coming back on while driving. Then, it started saying "Check Power Steering" when we were cranking it. Now, it has again failed to charge the battery and if I get it a charge from another source, it says "Check Air Bag" and "Check Battery Charging System".

I think it is on its way out, but how? It's a 2011 model..
striker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:09 AM   #2 (permalink)

andyfest is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by striker View Post
At one point, it failed to charge the battery for a day. After that, I started noticing strange things like the display shutting off and coming back on while driving. Then, it started saying "Check Power Steering" when we were cranking it. Now, it has again failed to charge the battery and if I get it a charge from another source, it says "Check Air Bag" and "Check Battery Charging System".

I think it is on its way out, but how? It's a 2011 model..
Could be the alternator at fault. If the alternator is not charging the battery it will cause all of the symptoms you listed. The dealership should be able to do a simple test on the alternator to find out.
andyfest is offline   Reply With Quote