Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox General Discussion > 2010+ Equinox Maintenance

2010+ Equinox Maintenance

Equinox "Common Issues"?

This is a discussion on Equinox "Common Issues"? within the 2010+ Equinox Maintenance forums, part of the Chevy Equinox General Discussion category!
I did a site search and did not find a return for the question on " common issues". Forgive me ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2015, 03:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Chip is on a distinguished road
Question Equinox "Common Issues"?

I did a site search and did not find a return for the question on " common issues". Forgive me if this is not the proper location for this question.
I just wanted to have a sense of how this platform has progressed across it's model development. I will be eyeing a 2016 model this fall / winter, so later model issues might tell me a lot. I plan on owning a V-6, so I am interested in the 3.6 engine as well. Thanks for any help you might provide.
Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 03:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

Chip is on a distinguished road

I use this site to check for current info on many GM models. This link covers some good info. for the Equinox.
Search Results 2015 Equinox
Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 06:00 PM   #3 (permalink)

chevyboy3199 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Chip View Post
I did a site search and did not find a return for the question on " common issues". Forgive me if this is not the proper location for this question.
I just wanted to have a sense of how this platform has progressed across it's model development. I will be eyeing a 2016 model this fall / winter, so later model issues might tell me a lot. I plan on owning a V-6, so I am interested in the 3.6 engine as well. Thanks for any help you might provide.
I found that with the awd models, the type of tire really affects how it works in the snow, some tires produce oversteer while others produce understeer and let the front end push, another issue is not really the ride height but the height of the front diffuser can be a little annoying. Make sure you always clean your back up camera because the way the air flows over the car it brings all the dirt and dust up the back which covers the camera lens.

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk
chevyboy3199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 08:18 AM   #4 (permalink)

Svard75 is on a distinguished road

Difficult question to answer precisely. Each vehicle could have a problem different from another. I never purchase a new vehicle because there is insufficient long term reliability statistics available. A 2016 Chevy could be terrible compared to the same model one year earlier. It's a risk that is mitigated with the comprehensive warranty. You also have lemon laws in the US should you have irrefutable evidence that your vehicle is a lemon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Svard75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 10:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Admin

dietz4ibanez is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Chip View Post
What did you end up getting? Sucks that the 2016 was not equipped with the 3.6 engine.
dietz4ibanez is offline   Reply With Quote