Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > GMC Terrain and Cadillac SRX General Discussion > GMC Terrain General Forum

GMC Terrain General Forum

Window Washer Fluid Leak

This is a discussion on Window Washer Fluid Leak within the GMC Terrain General Forum forums, part of the GMC Terrain and Cadillac SRX General Discussion category!
I just bought a 2014 GMC Terrain. I got a really good deal on it, but while test driving it ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By randylutz

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2014, 11:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

VAST is on a distinguished road
Default Window Washer Fluid Leak

I just bought a 2014 GMC Terrain. I got a really good deal on it, but while test driving it I did not check to see if the window washer fluid worked. It failed the safety inspection because of this.

I went and bought some washer fluid and put it in the reservoir...no leak. But when I try and run my fluid to my front windshield the washer fluid leaks all over by the drivers side front tire. I know the pump works, but I think that the hose might be broke or disconnected.

Does anyone know what to do? How do I go about fixing this problem? Any advice would be great.
VAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 10:28 AM   #2 (permalink)

TheDarkKnightKnox is on a distinguished road

Well i think the first thing i would do is get under the hood and try to find where the leak is coming from. If the hose is broken i would try to find some rubber hose i could bridge the break from and some small clamps to hold it together.

If you purchased from a dealer as a certified pre-owned i would take it back and have them fix it.
Old 03-31-2015, 04:43 PM   #3 (permalink)

thebluegoat is on a distinguished road

If you open your hood and pop off the trim piece that covers the length of the fender there is a washer hose connection there, sounds like it's either broken or wasn't connected properly.
thebluegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 03:30 AM   #4 (permalink)

randylutz is on a distinguished road

Seems like you have a hose issue. If you just purchased it, your dealer should do something abt it. I'd call them and take it back.
mswerb likes this.

Last edited by randylutz; 04-08-2015 at 02:49 AM.
randylutz is offline   Reply With Quote