Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox General Discussion > 2010+ Equinox General Forum

2010+ Equinox General Forum

Wiring harness/radio question

This is a discussion on Wiring harness/radio question within the 2010+ Equinox General Forum forums, part of the Chevy Equinox General Discussion category!
Hey everyone I just got a 2015 Equinox ls. It has the basic radio in it now but I wanted ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2015, 06:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

Tommy217xxx is on a distinguished road
Default Wiring harness/radio question

Hey everyone I just got a 2015 Equinox ls. It has the basic radio in it now but I wanted to put in a used mylink. Does anyone know if the wiring harness would work or do they hide the extra wires needs behind the dash.

Also the mylink that I'm lookin at looks like it comes with all of the same stuff I already have. Can I just buy a touchscreen and new top dash to piece or do I have to change the controls and the cd player to?

Thanks in advance for any tips and sorry if this has been covered else where.
Tommy217xxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 10:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Admin

dietz4ibanez is on a distinguished road

This is a topic that I don't know a ton about. I've seen where they added Mylink with touch screen and navigation to a 2010 Chevy Camaro with an original radio/cd player.

From what I could tell, the brain for my link looks the same as the brain for the original radio behind the cover/buttons. One thing they had to add was a power/plug to be able to insert to the new touch screen that they installed.

Everything worked! They were able to take the backup camera that not only displayed in the rear view mirror but also on the new Mylink that they installed.

I thought it was a pretty cool install on the camaro.
dietz4ibanez is offline   Reply With Quote