Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox General Discussion > 2010+ Equinox General Forum

2010+ Equinox General Forum

Wiring Diagram for 2014 Rearview Mirror

This is a discussion on Wiring Diagram for 2014 Rearview Mirror within the 2010+ Equinox General Forum forums, part of the Chevy Equinox General Discussion category!
I have a 2014 LTZ, and need the wiring diagram for the 10 pin connector for the rearview mirror. I ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2015, 10:27 AM   #1 (permalink)

jonox47 is on a distinguished road
Default Wiring Diagram for 2014 Rearview Mirror

I have a 2014 LTZ, and need the wiring diagram for the 10 pin connector for the rearview mirror. I am trying to determine which of the 7 wires is ground and which is ignition on hot. I believe the black is ground, but not sure about the ignition/hot wire....maybe yellow?...or pink??
Appreciate your help.

Last edited by jonox47; 04-23-2015 at 08:09 AM.
jonox47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 07:40 AM   #2 (permalink)

jonox47 is on a distinguished road

No longer need help. I decided to direct wire to fuse box instead of wire tap...... easy job and wire tucks in easily and neatly..... no need for wire tap on the Equinox, that's for sure..... out.
jonox47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 11:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Admin

dietz4ibanez is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by jonox47 View Post
No longer need help. I decided to direct wire to fuse box instead of wire tap...... easy job and wire tucks in easily and neatly..... no need for wire tap on the Equinox, that's for sure..... out.
Nice! Did you take any pictures that you could post?
dietz4ibanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 01:37 PM   #4 (permalink)

MikeOrlando02 is on a distinguished road
Default Wiring Diagram for 2014 Rearview Mirror Dash cam w/SimpleUSB

Hello,

I also have a 2014 Equinox and am looking for the wiring diagram/pinout for the auto dimming OnStar mirror. I purchased a SimpleUSB 12v to 5v USB wire tap adapter. My vehicle has a 10 pin connector, with only 7 wires in it.

Testing using a multimeter I was able to find that the light green wire with the stripe was a ground wire by testing continuity between this wire and a grounded area of the car; however when I start the car I lost continuity and can not find any other wire that has it when running. I was then able to find the pink wire supplied 12v, when the vehicle was running, between the green/white and the pink.

A day after installing my SimpleUSB my car came up with a check tire sensor error and I made an appointment and they are replacing my body control module as replacing the tire sensors didnít fix the issue. Chalk that up to randomness? Shortly after I remote started my car and found that after starting the car my remote would no longer unlock my doors intermittently.

Knowing that the module that controls the keyless entry is located by the mirror and the camera power up once the vehicle remote starts, after which the keyless entry no longer works do you have any suspicion that anything I did with my install could be causing these type of issues. Wondering if my wiring is correct or if the SimpleUSB could be drawing more power and not permitting other on-board devices to work properly.

Any confirming on wiring or advice would be a big help.

Mike
MikeOrlando02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 07:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

MikeOrlando02 is on a distinguished road
Default Pinout

I did find this pinout diagram explaining my 10-pin vs. the more common 16-pin. All the wire colors don't exactly match my vehicle, but it is close.

Following this, I left my SimpleUSB positive lead on pin 2 (pink) and moved my negative lead to pin 5 (black). Camera is still powering on correctly.

Pinout PDF

My remote does work; however when I remote start my vehicle (causing the accessory power to come on and then the camera) it appears the range is significantly reduced. I am going to wait until my BCM is replaced on my vehicle, install fresh remote batteries, and then will further troubleshoot.

If the only side effect is decreased keyless entry range only when then vehicle is remote started, I can live with that!
MikeOrlando02 is offline   Reply With Quote