Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox General Discussion > 2010+ Equinox General Forum

2010+ Equinox General Forum

Side window deflector????

This is a discussion on Side window deflector???? within the 2010+ Equinox General Forum forums, part of the Chevy Equinox General Discussion category!
Ordering WeatherTech molded floor protectors for my new 2013 Equinox. I could order a kit that includes side window deflectors. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2012, 05:41 AM   #1 (permalink)

1der is on a distinguished road
Default Side window deflector????

Ordering WeatherTech molded floor protectors for my new 2013 Equinox. I could order a kit that includes side window deflectors. I haven't seen a "Nox" in my area equipped with them. Are they not worth it, don't work, etc? I HAVE seen bug deflectors on a few Nox's. Any good? I have 6 weeks before delivery so I have time to figure this out.
1der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Admin

dietz4ibanez is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 1der View Post
Ordering WeatherTech molded floor protectors for my new 2013 Equinox. I could order a kit that includes side window deflectors. I haven't seen a "Nox" in my area equipped with them. Are they not worth it, don't work, etc? I HAVE seen bug deflectors on a few Nox's. Any good? I have 6 weeks before delivery so I have time to figure this out.
I normally put these on all my vehicles but I have not on the Nox as of yet.

I looked at the WeatherTech Window Deflectors and they are the nice "in channel" deflectors. I hate, hate, hate the old style when they would adhere to the paint above the window. Not only would they break off over time and leave the stickyness behind but you could hear the wind big time at highway speeds...

I owned them on older vehicles, the non "In channel" and once the broke I spent time taking the rest of them and amending the paint where they were previously stuck too.

I like them because it does darken the windows a tad especially if they are tinted. You can have the windows slightly open(even in light rain) and it enhances the look of the vehicle.. I think so at least.

I loved them on my Duramax truck. My brother said that they don't make a lot of wind noise but it still bothered him. I never even notice.

Now you have me wanting to get them for the Nox!

I might do it today....
dietz4ibanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

2010BlkGraniteNox is on a distinguished road

On Black Granite

In-Channel design is the only way to go imho

2012 Silver Imapala LT 3.6 VVT SIDI 304HP (work car)
2012 Audi A3 Sportback Premium Plus TDI (current)
2010BlkGraniteNox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Admin

Originally Posted by 2010BlkGraniteNox View Post
On Black Granite

In-Channel design is the only way to go imho

I agree!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-02-2012, 04:59 PM   #5 (permalink)

1der is on a distinguished road

I called customer service at WeatherTech was told that they do NOT have deflectors for the rear window. I was told that they had issues with them not staying in place on the rear window and they would not sell a product that worked poorly.
I do like the in-channel look. Will look into a different brand.
diets4ibanez- what brand did you use for you NOX?
1der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Admin

Originally Posted by 1der View Post
I called customer service at WeatherTech was told that they do NOT have deflectors for the rear window. I was told that they had issues with them not staying in place on the rear window and they would not sell a product that worked poorly.
I do like the in-channel look. Will look into a different brand.
diets4ibanez- what brand did you use for you NOX?
I have always used the AVS-Auto Ventshade brand. I have never had a issue with them. These are found at Autozone but I would also price match at Advanced.

I think they are $54.99 at AZ. I also believe that you can only look them up by a 2010 year model because they are slow in updating their product. I don't know if it shows for 2011 but I searched and it didn't bring up anything for 2012.
Old 07-31-2014, 07:13 AM   #7 (permalink)

padavid12 is on a distinguished road

I just put a set of the AVS in channel on my 2014 Nox. Got them at O'Reillys for $60.00. They went on very easily and look great. I also put on a AVS hood guard. It is the kind that fastens flush like the older style window deflectors. It will not deflect bugs. It just protects from chip damage.
'
padavid12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 07:25 AM   #8 (permalink)

RocketFoot is on a distinguished road

I wont EVER but Weather Tech Vent Visors again...had trouble with them fitting my 11 Caravan and even worse, WT's customer service kept telling me that I installed them wrong! It's not rocket science...I read the directions, watched the video and was 100% sure I installed correctly! No help from them = no future purchases!

I have had great results from AVS in Channel visors on my 13 Ram Crew Cab! Excellent product...AVS will be going on the Nox soon!
RocketFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 12:14 AM   #9 (permalink)

DUNESRUNNER08 is on a distinguished road

I have the floor liners and the window deflectors on my terrain. Love them.
DUNESRUNNER08 is offline   Reply With Quote