Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox General Discussion > 2010+ Equinox General Forum

2010+ Equinox General Forum

Noise On Startup - A/C Issue?

This is a discussion on Noise On Startup - A/C Issue? within the 2010+ Equinox General Forum forums, part of the Chevy Equinox General Discussion category!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2015, 04:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

BVK1201 is on a distinguished road
Default Noise On Startup - A/C Issue?

I recently purchased a 2012 Chevy Equinox 1LT with approximately 40k miles. So far, I've been pleased with my experience. I also own a 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco. However, the Equinox makes a noise sometimes when starting. It doesn't happen all the time, but it occurs at least once a day. Basically, when I start the car and the A/C is on, I hear a gurgling/percolating noise. It is hard to describe, but if I turn the A/C off quickly, the noise stops. If I turn it back on quickly, it will start again. It can last anywhere from a few seconds to a minute.

I took the car to the dealer a few weeks ago for the issue and they changed the oil because they said it was low and they thought this might be the issue. I was kind of upset because they never even tried to replicate the sound. My fiancÚ even showed them a video of the noise. Regardless, I took the car home and the noise occurred the very next day. I drove the car for a few weeks to see if the oil change would make a difference, but it hasn't. The noise still occurs.

The car is back at the dealership and they said they were able to hear the noise for 2 seconds this morning, but that was it. They didn't check it at all again. At least they heard it this time, but he said he wasn't able to pin point it. The car is still at the dealership and I don't plan on taking it back until they have it resolved the issue. I was thinking maybe their was air in the system, but the tech said that wouldn't cause this. Any one else have this issue or know of the fix?
BVK1201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 10:00 AM   #2 (permalink)

equilover is on a distinguished road

It may be caused by the fan belt. Check the tension of your belts.
equilover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 06:17 AM   #3 (permalink)

Svard75 is on a distinguished road

Gurgling usually indicates air in the heater core. Try bleeding the coolant system. Do a Google search for the process. Lots of YouTube vids about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Svard75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 10:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
Admin

dietz4ibanez is on a distinguished road

Did you ever get this resolved?
dietz4ibanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 01:43 PM   #5 (permalink)

Tcoy25 is on a distinguished road

I have this problem every single day. They keep telling me either my oils low or crankshaft position sensor and that my manifolds are leaking lot Catalytic converter is bad
Tcoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote