Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox General Discussion > 2010+ Equinox General Forum

2010+ Equinox General Forum

Newbie--Fuel Gauge Issue

This is a discussion on Newbie--Fuel Gauge Issue within the 2010+ Equinox General Forum forums, part of the Chevy Equinox General Discussion category!
I'm new to this forum. Recently purchased a 2018 Premier 2.0T FWD. I'm really enjoying getting the technology set for ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2018, 05:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

c&wsinbad is on a distinguished road
Default Newbie--Fuel Gauge Issue

I'm new to this forum. Recently purchased a 2018 Premier 2.0T FWD. I'm really enjoying getting the technology set for the way we use a vehicle. Came from a 2014 Malibu 2.0T so many of the features are very similar.

I've encountered a problem with the fuel gauge--it doesn't register full even when the tank is full. Gauge only goes to about 3/4 to 7/8 point. There were similar issues with the 2014 Malibu vehicles as well, although I was fortunate and didn't experience that. Do any of you have any experience with this issue? I have an appointment for next Tuesday to have the dealer begin their trouble-shooting/repair process.
c&wsinbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

kastner03 is on a distinguished road

thereís been a lot of issues with

this info is from another equinox forum, apparently itís a somewhat common issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kastner03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 06:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

c&wsinbad is on a distinguished road

Service adviser insisted that I had to make an appointment and bring the vehicle in when I contacted them about this issue. I told him I was aware of the TSB and just wanted my vehicle annotated as having the issue, and would he confirm that the TSB was still valid/open. He insisted it had to come in. I took the vehicle in this morning and a different service adviser logged me in. He came back about 10 minutes later with my key; said there was a TSB covering all 2018 Equinox and Terrain vehicles and there would probably be a recall later. (Frustrated that the original service adviser took the position he did, but glad to know that GM is still working the issue--hoping for a solution soon.)
c&wsinbad is offline   Reply With Quote