Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox General Discussion > 2010+ Equinox General Forum

2010+ Equinox General Forum

Loose Roof Antenna

This is a discussion on Loose Roof Antenna within the 2010+ Equinox General Forum forums, part of the Chevy Equinox General Discussion category!
I have a 2012 Nox and have just noticed that the roof antenna seems to be a bit loose. The ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2012, 02:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

joking is on a distinguished road
Default Loose Roof Antenna

I have a 2012 Nox and have just noticed that the roof antenna seems to be a bit loose. The antenna base itself is not loose but just the wire antenna. Everything seems to be working ok but I would like to tighten the antenna. I have gently tried to turn the antenna but it will not turn. I do not want to force it and end up breaking it. Any ideas on how to tighten the antenna?
joking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Mod

Z_Ghost is on a distinguished road

not sure how to tighten the antenna, it should just screw in.
If it's the base then that might be a problem.
Could take it to the dealer and get them to fix it.
92 Z/28
60\'1.937-1/4 13.851-98.16 mph

Z_Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

Talking

It will probably go to the dealer as it is still under warranty. I just hate to take it to the dealer for something as trivial as that. The antenna base is not what iis loose but the wire antenna itself. I have tried turning it but it does not want to turn and I don't want to break it so, I will just take it to the dealer.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
Admin

dietz4ibanez is on a distinguished road

Ok, Let us know what they end up doing. Maybe they can show you what to do if the problem persists. Of which I expect it not too.
dietz4ibanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

Smile

OK--I went to the dealership and showed them the loose antenna. The service guy just looked at me and reached up and turned it until it was tight. He told me that their service guys take the antenna off before they run the car through their carwash because the mechanical car wash sometimes breaks the roof antennas off. They just did not retighten the antenna after the car wash.

Loose antenna--not a big deal. I just feel silly because it was so simple to fix. It would have been my luck to twist it and break it and then when I took it to the dealer have them tell me that it would not be covered under warranty because I was the one who broke it.