Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox General Discussion > 2010+ Equinox General Forum

2010+ Equinox General Forum

LED/HID lights in a new 2016 Equinox

This is a discussion on LED/HID lights in a new 2016 Equinox within the 2010+ Equinox General Forum forums, part of the Chevy Equinox General Discussion category!
I just purchased a new 2016 Equinox LTZ and want to put HID/LED lighting in the interior and front (headlights, ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2016, 06:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

srjacob99 is on a distinguished road
Default LED/HID lights in a new 2016 Equinox

I just purchased a new 2016 Equinox LTZ and want to put HID/LED lighting in the interior and front (headlights, fog lights, etc.)

The service/repair manual(s) for this car aren't out yet. Helm's ETA is sometime in April.

In the owner's manual, it shows the bulb types for the tail lamp assemblies (turn signal, backup, marker), and for the fog lights, but nothing else. I have ordered LED replacements for these. I have a number of questions, and hopefully someone on the forum will know:

INTERIOR (all)
What type of bulbs are these, and how do you get access to them? I don't want to damage a plastic lens trying to get the bulb out.

EXTERIOR
My DRLs are a row of LEDs just above the fog lights, and the low beams DO NOT function as DRLs.

What type of bulbs are in the low and high beam headlights (and the other bulbs in this assembly as well)?

How the heck to you get access to the headlight bulbs?

From what I have seen, there is a screw-on cap covering the bulbs. Can I put LED replacements directly in these, or will the LEDs get too hot (no way to dissipate the heat).

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Steve
srjacob99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 06:04 AM   #2 (permalink)

morbid81 is on a distinguished road

i imagine with a few cosmetic changes between 2014-2016 nothing much has changed. The headlights you get to them through the wheel well as far as installing leds I am currently researching that myself for my 14. The interior bulbs i imagine are the same and havent changed in a period of two years i just did my wifes interior and exterior bulbs on her license plate and reverse lights with led the cover by the map lights is one piece and just held in with some plastic clips that can be gently pryed down as one piece with a small flat head screwdriver same goes on the dome and cargo lamp lens. here is the led kit i used and let me tell you the difference is in 100 times better looks just like the inside of my explorer.

https://www.amazon.com/Backup-Revers...8ACRJVTZNXWBNA
morbid81 is offline   Reply With Quote