Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox General Discussion > 2010+ Equinox General Forum

2010+ Equinox General Forum

How do I connect my smartphone to my Equinox ?

This is a discussion on How do I connect my smartphone to my Equinox ? within the 2010+ Equinox General Forum forums, part of the Chevy Equinox General Discussion category!
I own a 2014 Equinox that does not have bluetooth It does have a USB port, but no AUX jack ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2015, 11:57 AM   #1 (permalink)

slider9499 is on a distinguished road
Default How do I connect my smartphone to my Equinox ?

I own a 2014 Equinox that does not have bluetooth

It does have a USB port, but no AUX jack anywhere in the car (that I can find)

How do I connect my HTC ONE M8 smartphone, to the car so I can listen to music?
slider9499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:47 AM   #2 (permalink)

SteveK364 is on a distinguished road

There should be an aux jack located directly above the USB port in the center console. You also may want to check your owner's manual.

Good luck!
SteveK364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 10:48 AM   #3 (permalink)

slider9499 is on a distinguished road

I spoke with Chevy, the Equinox does not support media output from Android phones. The only connection it'll work with is phone calls. it is 2015, I can Skype with friends in China on my phone, but Chevy isn't able to connect my Android HTC ONE M8 phone with their 2014 automobile. No wonder people buy Honda, Toyota and Hyundai.
slider9499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 04:42 AM   #4 (permalink)

equilover is on a distinguished road

That sucks! It's the first time I have heard of a vehicle that doesn't support Android phones.
equilover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 11:23 AM   #5 (permalink)

Lawliet is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by equilover View Post
That sucks! It's the first time I have heard of a vehicle that doesn't support Android phones.
Many vehicles do not support Android phones, especially newer ones, since they all use MTP now.

When you connect an Android over USB, unless your car supports MHL (very uncommon unless aftermarket stereo) or Android Auto, you're basically just letting the stereo access files on the phone, but not the phone itself, and not that many cars that aren't within the past 3 or so model years won't be able to read phones using MTP like Android.

It isn't like iPhone where audio signals can be communicated through car's USB interface.
Lawliet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 07:44 AM   #6 (permalink)

yosemitesam is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by slider9499 View Post
I spoke with Chevy, the Equinox does not support media output from Android phones. The only connection it'll work with is phone calls. it is 2015, I can Skype with friends in China on my phone, but Chevy isn't able to connect my Android HTC ONE M8 phone with their 2014 automobile. No wonder people buy Honda, Toyota and Hyundai.
They are mistaken ! I use an Andriod smartphone with my 2013 Eq. it connects fine & will play my music either directly or reads my music MTB Usb port or bluetooth.
How old an andriod system do you have ? my old ph. with 4.? worked and my 5.? works.
yosemitesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 10:13 AM   #7 (permalink)

pieter is on a distinguished road

I use a Galaxy S3 in my '13 1LT, no problemo, BUT, for phone use only. For tunez I use a 128G flash drive in the USB socket, holds way more music than a phone can...
pieter is offline   Reply With Quote