Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox General Discussion > 2010+ Equinox General Forum

2010+ Equinox General Forum

How do I connect my phone to my car without a bluetooth connection?

This is a discussion on How do I connect my phone to my car without a bluetooth connection? within the 2010+ Equinox General Forum forums, part of the Chevy Equinox General Discussion category!
I own a 2014 Chevy Equinox that is not equipped with bluetooth I also own an HTC ONE M8 How ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2015, 04:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

slider9499 is on a distinguished road
Default How do I connect my phone to my car without a bluetooth connection?

I own a 2014 Chevy Equinox that is not equipped with bluetooth

I also own an HTC ONE M8

How do I connect my phone so I can listen to music through my car speakers?

I bought an adapter that allows me to do so if I put the adapter and the radio on the same station. Doing so lowers the volume on music and podcasts so low, you can't hear it when u drive with the windows open.

Per HTC, I could connect a USB (from the car) to the phone using a USB cable with a 3.5mm phone connection. I bought a new cabl3, I put the radio on AUX, connected the phone via the cable and hit play on Pandora. The song plays and I either hear through the phone speakers or don't hear anything at all. My car does NOT have an aux jack; only a USB port.

BTW - the same happens when I try this with my wife's 2014 Nissan Murano which has an aux jack.

Any idea how to fix this problem?

Thanks
Ben
slider9499 is offline   Reply With Quote