Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox General Discussion > 2010+ Equinox General Forum

2010+ Equinox General Forum

Equinox chimes no reason

This is a discussion on Equinox chimes no reason within the 2010+ Equinox General Forum forums, part of the Chevy Equinox General Discussion category!
Hi, I just leased a new equinox. I drive some 150 miles to a destination. On the way back every ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2017, 10:20 AM   #1 (permalink)

amirn is on a distinguished road
Default Equinox chimes no reason

Hi,

I just leased a new equinox. I drive some 150 miles to a destination. On the way back every few minutes there is a chiming sound although seat belt attached and there is no indication on any of the screens what the issue is. Any idea?

Amir
amirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 11:50 AM   #2 (permalink)

gpart is on a distinguished road

Any lights on the dash or DIC while it's chiming? Is your turn signal on too long? If this is a pre-2018 model, perhaps check to see if the gas cap is on tightly. If it is the gas cap, however, it would mot likely display a Check Engine Light (CEL) on the Instrument Panel.

Does the chime stop automatically? How long does the chime go off for?

Try connecting to OnStar and ask the consultant to run a trouble-shooting test on your vehicle.
gpart is offline   Reply With Quote