Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox General Discussion > 2010+ Equinox General Forum

2010+ Equinox General Forum

To buy or not to buy

This is a discussion on To buy or not to buy within the 2010+ Equinox General Forum forums, part of the Chevy Equinox General Discussion category!
Noob here. Am considering the purchase of a 2015 LTZ with 15K miles and a rebuilt title. Obviously there is ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2016, 02:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

retiredguy1945 is on a distinguished road
Default To buy or not to buy

Noob here.

Am considering the purchase of a 2015 LTZ with 15K miles and a rebuilt title.
Obviously there is no remaining factory warranty.

What are your experiences concerning the factory warranty? In my past purchases of GM vehicles over 40 years, I have rarely needed factory warranty service.

Thanks all for any input.
retiredguy1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 02:49 AM   #2 (permalink)

swisscheese is on a distinguished road

I just bought a 2013 LT w/50k miles for $9900. The whole car inside and out is almost flawless. Some of the things you give up on a rebuilt title is no warranty,lower resale and the peace of mind your car has no underlying issues from an accident. You are also limited on companies that will insure it. Progressive and St. farm are 2 that do.Vehicles in my area with same trim and miles were going for around $17-18000 so I saved around 40% off retail. When looking for a vehicle with a rebuilt title,Ebay has a large selection, look for a dealer that has very high feedback rating.Look for a dealer that gives you many high resolution photos and tells you what the damage was and what was replaced. This is the second rebuilt I bought. Like any used car,it's always a crap shoot as what you are getting. If something doesn't feel right, just move on to the next one.
swisscheese is offline   Reply With Quote