Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox General Discussion > 2010+ Equinox General Forum

2010+ Equinox General Forum

Backup camera stuck on display

This is a discussion on Backup camera stuck on display within the 2010+ Equinox General Forum forums, part of the Chevy Equinox General Discussion category!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2018, 09:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

amancini is on a distinguished road
Default Backup camera stuck on display

Hoping someone can help me out. I got in my car to leave work, backed out of my spot and got about 2 min down the road when I noticed the display was black and had the “check surroundings for safety” message as if it was in reverse. Funny enough, when my car is in park the reverse camera kicks in. In any other setting (drive, neutral or manual) it goes back to a black screen and says “check surroundings......”.

Any suggestions?
amancini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 10:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

kastner03 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by amancini View Post
Hoping someone can help me out. I got in my car to leave work, backed out of my spot and got about 2 min down the road when I noticed the display was black and had the “check surroundings for safety” message as if it was in reverse. Funny enough, when my car is in park the reverse camera kicks in. In any other setting (drive, neutral or manual) it goes back to a black screen and says “check surroundings......”.

Any suggestions?

what year is it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kastner03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 12:17 AM   #3 (permalink)

kastner03 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by kastner03 View Post
what year is it ?

check ur reverse lights
when i first got my 2018 i tried some led backup lights and it did that for some reason it needs to see resistance from either a halogen bulb or leds with resistors built in. the equinox doesn’t have a bulb out indicator but this is supposedly part of the system that onstar uses to notify you of a bulb is burned out via email (if you have a subscription)

kastner03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 07:19 PM   #4 (permalink)

caddy96sts is on a distinguished road

Can anyone elaborate on this situation? I installed Diode Dynamics LED backup lights, the same units used flawelessly on two other vehicles. On the 2018 Equinox, my backup camera is now on all the time (switching to front camera when in drive).

Thanks in advance!
caddy96sts is offline   Reply With Quote