Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox General Discussion > 2010+ Equinox General Forum

2010+ Equinox General Forum

AWD advice

This is a discussion on AWD advice within the 2010+ Equinox General Forum forums, part of the Chevy Equinox General Discussion category!
I am buying a 2013 LT with AWD. This is my first AWD vehicle, I had a friend tell me ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2016, 12:12 AM   #1 (permalink)

ricklack is on a distinguished road
Default AWD advice

I am buying a 2013 LT with AWD. This is my first AWD vehicle, I had a friend tell me not to buy snow tires and try it with the Michelin Lattitudes it comes with. They are pretty new as the car has 75,000km and were recently replaced. I drive a LOT for work (60-70,000km/yr) and have always used snows. I live in southern Ontario near Ottawa so I am a bit leery of this advice. I'd love to hear from anyone with an AWD to get your input. Thx in advance!
ricklack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 05:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

kingstonian is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

I had snows on a Suzuki XL7 and would not have been without them, the mileage that you travel they would make sense, but don't forget they are a softer compound and wont last forever.

I'll be buying snows for my 2015 Nox this coming season.
kingstonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 04:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

ricklack is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by kingstonian View Post
I had snows on a Suzuki XL7 and would not have been without them, the mileage that you travel they would make sense, but don't forget they are a softer compound and wont last forever.

I'll be buying snows for my 2015 Nox this coming season.
Are you in Kingston, ON? That's where I work and bought my 2013, but I live an hour or so away.

I was checking to see if my Impala 16" wheels would fit my Nox but I find contradicting bolt pattern info, guess I will have to try them. I had extra wheels with tire pressure sensors on my Impala. I know I can get 16" tires that are same diameter as my 18" but no idea if the TPM sensors are compatible. If anyone knows either of these answers feel free to chime in!
ricklack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 07:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
LMP

LMP is on a distinguished road

"conventional" gm bolt pattern was 115 mm bolt circle diameter (like my 1993 Pontiac Transport). FOr the Equinox, starting in 2010 and at least some Buick, the new bolt pattern has a 120 mm diameter bolt circle....
LMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 10:15 AM   #5 (permalink)

FredG is on a distinguished road

I'm a little late with this discussion but I just wanted to add the factory tires are great in the snow. My 2014 Equinox performs unbelievable and it has 23000 miles on them....Make sure traction control is turned off in the snow, so the tires just keep moving.
FredG is offline   Reply With Quote