Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox General Discussion > 2010+ Equinox General Forum

2010+ Equinox General Forum

2018 Equinox 18" or 19" Rims

This is a discussion on 2018 Equinox 18" or 19" Rims within the 2010+ Equinox General Forum forums, part of the Chevy Equinox General Discussion category!
I am new to the forum. After test driving this summer my plans are to buy an Equinox early next ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2018, 07:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

victorvdc is on a distinguished road
Default 2018 Equinox 18" or 19" Rims

I am new to the forum. After test driving this summer my plans are to buy an Equinox early next spring.

I have decided on an 2.0 premier which has just about every ting I need with only a few add-ons later next summer.

Only thing I am not sure about is the 19" rims and low profile tires. For streetability I would rather have taller 18" tires as more protection from potholes and curbs. Also much cheaper replacement costs. I really don't plan on taking this to the track other then as a tow vehicle.

Any opinions on this would hlep me decide if i should work out a swap before I get the vehicle.
victorvdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 07:32 AM   #2 (permalink)

kastner03 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by victorvdc View Post
I am new to the forum. After test driving this summer my plans are to buy an Equinox early next spring.

I have decided on an 2.0 premier which has just about every ting I need with only a few add-ons later next summer.

Only thing I am not sure about is the 19" rims and low profile tires. For streetability I would rather have taller 18" tires as more protection from potholes and curbs. Also much cheaper replacement costs. I really don't plan on taking this to the track other then as a tow vehicle.

Any opinions on this would hlep me decide if i should work out a swap before I get the vehicle.

depending on where you live, if snow is a concern... the tires that come stock on the 19 wheels are terrible in the snow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kastner03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 09:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

victorvdc is on a distinguished road

Tires are consumable parts so i am not really concerned what I will have on the nox for a few summers. Just concerned with the rim size (ie sidewall height) how that affects ride and pothole endurance and long term tire cost.

Winter I will have full snows on 18" or 17" steel rims. With the salt in our area aluminum rims last less winters then the tires before leaking.

So far its been recomended to down grade to the 18' unless I want to race the nox on the track.

Thanks
victorvdc is offline   Reply With Quote