Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox General Discussion > 2010+ Equinox General Forum

2010+ Equinox General Forum

2016 Equinox

This is a discussion on 2016 Equinox within the 2010+ Equinox General Forum forums, part of the Chevy Equinox General Discussion category!
All-New 2016 Equinox: Fuel-Efficient SUV | Chevrolet Thoughts ,not enough change for me...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2015, 04:17 PM   #1 (permalink)

jsfb6pts is on a distinguished road
Default 2016 Equinox

All-New 2016 Equinox: Fuel-Efficient SUV | Chevrolet

Thoughts ,not enough change for me
jsfb6pts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 05:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

TheDarkKnightKnox is on a distinguished road

I like the changes, it certainly needed a refresh. I agree through really not enough. I wish Chevy would get with some of the other car companies out there and introduce LED headlamps. The LED accents with Halogen headlight looks Janky. Even the low end Corolla has LED Low beams.

But i have heard grumblings of a complete redesign for 2017.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Admin

dietz4ibanez is on a distinguished road

I like it too but I would like to see more enhancements in the interior.

The exterior changes aren't really enough so I think it will change some as time approaches the 2016 model release, at least I hope it does.

That being said, I don't think LED will take off until it gets to the point to where it is actually better than Halogen, currently LED sucks. Most people would prefer HID's instead right now.
dietz4ibanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 11:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

randylutz is on a distinguished road

Looks good. I also think HIDs are the better lights, been hoping they turn up with HIDs on newer models. But it's a long shot.
randylutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 12:20 PM   #5 (permalink)

InterstateP is on a distinguished road

I just bought a 2015, so I'm happy they didn't change much. I think the new grille is actually a significant step down from the current one honestly. Just my opinion though..
InterstateP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 03:36 PM   #6 (permalink)

Camaro69car is on a distinguished road

No more CD player
Camaro69car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 09:25 AM   #7 (permalink)

noxy is on a distinguished road

Not sure at this time if I like the new front end treatment? Maybe it will grow on me. Love the exhaust update. The interior has not changed other than cosmetic enhancements. The biggest problem I have with the Nox and the Terrain is the cargo area. I find that it is way too small for the category. Four sets of golf clubs with seats up are impossible and the build up around the rear tire axle components just intrudes into the cargo area too much. This I am sure will not be addressed in the 2017 due to the fact that the 17 Nox is reported to be smaller than the current version. To be built on the Cruz platform? What is about all of these smallish CUV's???
noxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 03:09 AM   #8 (permalink)

equilover is on a distinguished road

I like the new Chevy Equinox. I would definitely buy one if I can afford it.
equilover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 04:57 PM   #9 (permalink)

Chip is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by noxy View Post
Not sure at this time if I like the new front end treatment? Maybe it will grow on me. Love the exhaust update. The interior has not changed other than cosmetic enhancements. The biggest problem I have with the Nox and the Terrain is the cargo area. I find that it is way too small for the category. Four sets of golf clubs with seats up are impossible and the build up around the rear tire axle components just intrudes into the cargo area too much. This I am sure will not be addressed in the 2017 due to the fact that the 17 Nox is reported to be smaller than the current version. To be built on the Cruz platform? What is about all of these smallish CUV's???
I agree, but the biggest issue for me is that the back seats don't appear to lay truly flat when down, and there seems to be a canyon between the backs of those seats and the rest of the cargo area. The totally flat (back seat down) area is one of the things I loved about my Blazer. Not a deal breaker by any means, but just one more thing to adjust to. I do like the 2015 front fascia over that of the 2016, but it is what it is.
Chip is offline   Reply With Quote