Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox General Discussion > 2010+ Equinox General Forum

2010+ Equinox General Forum

2013 Equinox, Snow Chains

This is a discussion on 2013 Equinox, Snow Chains within the 2010+ Equinox General Forum forums, part of the Chevy Equinox General Discussion category!
Good evening all. I have recently acquired a used 2013 Equinox (replacing a previous vehicle after it was totalled), although ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2020, 05:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

voxorg is on a distinguished road
Default 2013 Equinox, Snow Chains

Good evening all.

I have recently acquired a used 2013 Equinox (replacing a previous vehicle after it was totalled), although "recent" is relative since I haven't done much driving this year for the obvious reason.

I am being transferred from the southern part of the US where snow is only seen on TV, to the northern part where snow chains are considered essential - or required - equipment. Dealing with snow chains is a wholly new thing for me.

I've been trying to figure out exactly what I need to buy, and there doesn't seem to be a lot of useful information. The manual doesn't cover the topic at all, and it's not hard to find "get the right thing or you'll destroy your tires and/or body".

Is there anything particular to the Equinox that I should be aware of, or am I overthinking it?

The vehicle is FWD, my tires are 225/65R17, and I'm looking at the SCC SZ127 Super Z6, which appears to fit the vehicle and seems to be relatively easy to install/remove.

Basically I'd like to solicit a second opinion that these chains/(cables) are a) the correct size/whatever-is-appropriate, and b) they aren't going to cause damage to the vehicle.

Thanks in advance.
voxorg is offline   Reply With Quote