Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox General Discussion > 2010+ Equinox General Forum

2010+ Equinox General Forum

2013 Equinox

This is a discussion on 2013 Equinox within the 2010+ Equinox General Forum forums, part of the Chevy Equinox General Discussion category!
Since I purchased our vehicle in 2013 I have noticed a couple issues. Wanted to see if anyone else has ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2015, 08:20 AM   #1 (permalink)

tgcat200129 is on a distinguished road
Default 2013 Equinox

Since I purchased our vehicle in 2013 I have noticed a couple issues. Wanted to see if anyone else has had problems.

1. Acceleration problems - At times when you press on the gas pedal between stopping and going the gas will accelerate on its on. At that moment the car will jolt forward. As I look at the speedometer it will rev up between 2-5 mph then drop back down to normal speed. I have to either hit the brake or let off the gas pedal to make it stop to keep hitting the car in front of me. Again it doesn't to it often. I know it sounds funny but my last chevy didn't do this. I have heard other cars having similar issues with the gas pedal. Just wondering if anyone else noticed this.

2. MyLink issues - I have had numerous issues with the MyLink shutting off while driving or will reboot. Other issues is that it will also freeze between calls.

Let me know if anyone has had issues. My warranty is about to expire so I need to take it in before it does.
tgcat200129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 09:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

fishjacks is on a distinguished road

Lets see....
My car doesnt accelerate when I hit the gas for about 5 seconds. Worse when a/c is on. Sometimes when I turn the wheel the a/c will kick down. Had the engine miss a few times, high rpm when standing (esp. When I first start it).

It shifts hard now and smelled hot when I was driving in the Smokey mountains. When the acceleration does engage and the rpm kicks down, the car jerks for shifting into second and third. Oh, and the tranny fluid is black.

Dealership can find nothing wrong. Telling me black tranny fluid is caused from an additive GM puts in their cars. Never heard of this.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
fishjacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 09:58 PM   #3 (permalink)

fishjacks is on a distinguished road

Oh, and myLink date and time clears itself randomly.

Oh, and had a check engine light come on and the engine was missing. They told me "bad gas."

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
fishjacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 01:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Admin

dietz4ibanez is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by tgcat200129 View Post
Since I purchased our vehicle in 2013 I have noticed a couple issues. Wanted to see if anyone else has had problems.

1. Acceleration problems - At times when you press on the gas pedal between stopping and going the gas will accelerate on its on. At that moment the car will jolt forward. As I look at the speedometer it will rev up between 2-5 mph then drop back down to normal speed. I have to either hit the brake or let off the gas pedal to make it stop to keep hitting the car in front of me. Again it doesn't to it often. I know it sounds funny but my last chevy didn't do this. I have heard other cars having similar issues with the gas pedal. Just wondering if anyone else noticed this.

2. MyLink issues - I have had numerous issues with the MyLink shutting off while driving or will reboot. Other issues is that it will also freeze between calls.

Let me know if anyone has had issues. My warranty is about to expire so I need to take it in before it does.

For your first issue, was your cruise control engages or turned on? I've had this happen in other vehicles and it was due to the cruise control automatically initiating itself.
dietz4ibanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 08:19 PM   #5 (permalink)

Ron604 is on a distinguished road

i have had the exactly the same issue with my 2012 Nox 2.4 LS. If i am moving from a stop light or accelerating. it will sometimes jolt hard, feels like you tranny just did a hard shift. it happens at random can replicate it. from what understand this problem exist in all year models of Nox.
Ron604 is offline   Reply With Quote