Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox General Discussion > 2010+ Equinox General Forum

2010+ Equinox General Forum

2012 V6 Brake pedal going to floor

This is a discussion on 2012 V6 Brake pedal going to floor within the 2010+ Equinox General Forum forums, part of the Chevy Equinox General Discussion category!
This started all of the sudden. I did find the brake fluid low and the brake pads needing to be ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2019, 10:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

thesouthernsmith is on a distinguished road
Default 2012 V6 Brake pedal going to floor

This started all of the sudden. I did find the brake fluid low and the brake pads needing to be changed. After replacing the pads, changing the fluid, and bleeding my pedal is still going to the floor. There is some resistance but not a good firm pedal. Any ideas?

Thank in advance
Grady
thesouthernsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 07:57 AM   #2 (permalink)

billyjoebob007 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by thesouthernsmith View Post
This started all of the sudden. I did find the brake fluid low and the brake pads needing to be changed. After replacing the pads, changing the fluid, and bleeding my pedal is still going to the floor. There is some resistance but not a good firm pedal. Any ideas?

Thank in advance
Grady
How low was the brake fluid ? If there was none you probably got a bunch of air sucked into the system and running it dry on fluid could damage the master cylinder. But why was the fluid low ? did you have that work done at a shop ? Perhaps leaking brake line some where could be a possibility. If no lines leaking then you perhaps could try and bleed the lines some more to try and purge more air out of the system. Or like i said if the master cylinder got air sucked into it from running fluid dry then the master cylinder may indeed be bad now. Perhaps the other possibility the rotors could be worn down below spec thickness .
how to test a master cylinder:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzS4VOJwTCU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YStj8ORkNqY

Also, when bleeding brakes never let the master cylinder run dry, watch it and add fluid as you bleed the system.
billyjoebob007 is offline   Reply With Quote