Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox General Discussion > 2010+ Equinox General Forum

2010+ Equinox General Forum

2012 Equinox radio buttons, a/c dial..etc not working

This is a discussion on 2012 Equinox radio buttons, a/c dial..etc not working within the 2010+ Equinox General Forum forums, part of the Chevy Equinox General Discussion category!
I had the same thing happen, the radio controls and ac/heat controls went out but controls on steering wheel functioned. ...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2018, 10:20 AM   #16 (permalink)

jpmckinney is on a distinguished road
Default 2015 Equinox radio/ac controls not working

I had the same thing happen, the radio controls and ac/heat controls went out but controls on steering wheel functioned. I have read that this is a computer issue. I disconnected the positive battery cable for 5 minutes and then reconnected it. This reset the computer and solved my problem.
jpmckinney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 10:11 PM   #17 (permalink)

Starfire is on a distinguished road

I have a letter from GM regarding my 2012 Chevy Cruze that may be of interest to this thread:

"This letter is intended to make you aware that dome 2012 model year Chevrolet Cruze wehicles may have a condition where the negative battery cable terminal clamp may have insufficient crimp at the battery negative terminal. Over time the interal resistance increases and vehicle electrical systems do not receive adequate power.

With this condition, the following effects are possible: the Radio/HVAC Display may turn off and on; the ABS, STS, Service Stabilitrac and Steering vehicle messages may come on and off; the turn signal sound may not be heard; "Battery Saver Active" and "Service Steering" may display in the DIC; and the interior and exterior lighting may flicker. Power steering assist may also be lost."

All because the negative terminal at the battery is not tightly connected.
2017 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD Summit White
Starfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 10:30 AM   #18 (permalink)

GrampsinErie is on a distinguished road
Default Radio not working

My 2015 Equinox radio would stop working and screen went blank intermittently, then it would come back on. Controls for radio also responded intermittently. One solution suggested on this forum was to disconnect the battery for several seconds and reconnect it, so I tried doing that and it worked. Now radio and controls working perfectly. I did need to consult a video on the internet to find out how to get to the battery to disconnect it. I am disappointed that a vehicle less than 3 years old had a problem like this.
GrampsinErie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 10:43 AM   #19 (permalink)

GrampsinErie is on a distinguished road

The radio in my 2015 Equinox would suddenly stop working and the screen went blank and after a short time it would come on again and then go off again. One solution suggested on this forum was to disconnect the battery for several seconds then reconnect it, so I did this and it worked. I am glad that I didn't need to pay for this repair. I did need to consult the internet to find out how to get to the battery connections. It is disappointing that this happened to a car less than 3 years old.
Bluefury likes this.
GrampsinErie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 07:09 PM   #20 (permalink)

Bluefury is on a distinguished road

Just today my 2012 Equinox center console didn't respond to radio controls, or A/C controls. I googled the problem, found this forum, read the post about disconnecting the positive terminal for 5 min, went out and did it, and.....
It worked! Great crowd sourcing everyone, even if it took years for some to get the solution. Thanks to all those before me. Cheers!
Bluefury is offline   Reply With Quote