Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum

Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum (http://www.chevyequinoxforum.com/)
-   2010+ Equinox General Forum (http://www.chevyequinoxforum.com/f4/)
-   -   2012 Equinox radio buttons, a/c dial..etc not working (http://www.chevyequinoxforum.com/f4/2012-equinox-radio-buttons-c-dial-etc-not-working-1458/)

ryan1522 10-17-2015 09:10 PM

2012 Equinox radio buttons, a/c dial..etc not working
 
All of a sudden I can no longer use any radio controls on the dash unit (steering buttons work) Also the buttons for defrost, a/c..etc don't work. The hazard button works and lock/unlock. The radio works and lights up but the buttons that don't work don't light up. Checked all fuses and they seem ok. Is there some relay I should check????

Sportsfan 11-19-2015 06:30 PM

I just experienced the same problem. Took the vehicle to my mechanic and he has not idea what is wrong with it. Where you able to fix yours?

ryan1522 11-24-2015 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sportsfan (Post 13135)
I just experienced the same problem. Took the vehicle to my mechanic and he has not idea what is wrong with it. Where you able to fix yours?

I called GM and they had me bring it into the dealer. The dealer took it (head counsel) cleaned it and reinstalled. At this time it is working fine. They are not sure what happened. A few weeks after one time when I started the car up the volume shot up quickly and I turned it down. Since then nothing has happened. It is possible this is a known glitch with GM.

Svard75 11-25-2015 05:21 AM

The connector can often become corroded if there are higher levels of humidity. I usually address any strange intermittent problems by removing the component connectors, viewing the pins and cleaning with a tooth brush then apply dielectric grease to the surrounding rubber seal and plug back in. Don't get too much grease on the connectors.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tiffer2u 01-17-2016 01:37 AM

I have the same EXACT problem and I have taken to two places and they are at a loss like myself... I have an appointment with a dealership on Monday... Was it an expensive fix? I pray not since it's just right after Christmas... So happy I found this thread!

Masterkevj 01-19-2016 09:28 AM

Did any of you notice if this happened after using the remote start? I'm thinking maybe it doesn't "wake" the system up when you put the key in as all those controls are disabled while the remote start is activated. It did, however, connect my Bluetooth even though all the radio and hvac controls were inoperable. But when I went to use my phone the Bluetooth activated and suddenly it "woke up" and everything started working fine. Just my 2 cents, any thoughts?

Cash954 03-05-2017 04:43 PM

Did the dealer charge you to fix the problem? I have a 2015 equinox

Kcdreamz 03-07-2017 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cash954 (Post 13905)
Did the dealer charge you to fix the problem? I have a 2015 equinox

Are you having the same problem with your 2015

Kcdreamz 03-07-2017 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan1522 (Post 13071)
All of a sudden I can no longer use any radio controls on the dash unit (steering buttons work) Also the buttons for defrost, a/c..etc don't work. The hazard button works and lock/unlock. The radio works and lights up but the buttons that don't work don't light up. Checked all fuses and they seem ok. Is there some relay I should check????

Do you get this problem firgured out?? I have a 2015 with the same problems..

01teaser 04-28-2017 07:33 PM

I have a 2013 Equinox and I haven't had any problems with it until now.
My Infotainment system suddenly quit working. No radio, no control of any of the buttons on the console. My AC/heater fan is not working and I am unable to change any settings. NOTHING!!
I am not a auto mechanic but I figured I would start at the easiest fix, fuses. So far, I got my radio playing the station it was on went everything stopped but I can not turn the volume up or down, I can not change the station, I can't even turn the radio off!!!
I've noticed others having the same problems. Has anyone found the problem or solution? Any directions to fix this would greatly be appreciated.

3311 05-03-2017 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 01teaser (Post 13993)
I have a 2013 Equinox and I haven't had any problems with it until now.
My Infotainment system suddenly quit working. No radio, no control of any of the buttons on the console. My AC/heater fan is not working and I am unable to change any settings. NOTHING!!
I am not a auto mechanic but I figured I would start at the easiest fix, fuses. So far, I got my radio playing the station it was on went everything stopped but I can not turn the volume up or down, I can not change the station, I can't even turn the radio off!!!
I've noticed others having the same problems. Has anyone found the problem or solution? Any directions to fix this would greatly be appreciated.

I too, have a 2013 Equionx LT. I hadn't been having any problems with the screen, up until this week. Sunday evening, I noticed my dash lights & the Mylink screen were dimmer than normal driving home. I left for work Monday & while backing out of the driveway, the camera was dim and at the bottom it said something like "check your surrounds." Today, halfway to work, it brightened up. On the way home, it dimmed down. My heat is still working. I haven't used my a/c much, but someone did make a comment that the fan motor of the a/c sounded loud. I don't know where to begin. It's out of warranty.
What I'm not understanding, is that if there are so many issues/problems going on like this, why doesn't GM put a recall out? Because they don't know how to fix it? And it just doesn't seem to be one specific year. Maybe we need to start complaining to GM.

IM2PCHEE4U 05-20-2017 08:57 PM

My 2012 just did the same thing. My fiancÚ got the screen to unfreeze and got the buttons to work again BY starting the car WITH the remote. Then everything went back to normal. Don't know why it "froze" in the first place though.

TiffTuck 07-10-2017 11:06 PM

Did anyone find a solution? My 2012 equinox radio/screen has no sound. You can't hear the blinker or seat belt indicator. My air condition controls works fine. I've checked fuses under the hood and in the vehicle, disconnected the battery and reconnected, unhooked the radio and plugged it back in. Heeeeeelp

Karenea 10-18-2017 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kcdreamz (Post 13907)
Do you get this problem firgured out?? I have a 2015 with the same problems..

FYI....We have a 2014 equinox that suddenly the radio controls and the heater/AC controls stopped working it was still under warranty so we took it into the dealer thinking it was electrical. They ran codes and didn't find anything, uninstalled the battery and reconnected it and everything was working properly.

Madmike 12-06-2017 08:21 AM

2013 equanox heat/AC radio cluster not working
 
I had this problem this morning with my equinox. Checked the fuses and connectors. All were good. disengaged bluetooth disconnected posative battery terminal for a couple of minuites and reconnected it. That reset the computer and fixed it immediatly.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO