Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox General Discussion > 2010+ Equinox General Forum

2010+ Equinox General Forum

2011 2.4 water pump

This is a discussion on 2011 2.4 water pump within the 2010+ Equinox General Forum forums, part of the Chevy Equinox General Discussion category!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2017, 06:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Necrophagist is on a distinguished road
Default 2011 2.4 water pump

Whatís going on everyone. I hope everyoneís holidays are swell. I wish I could say the same.

Our equinox at 75 on the highway out of no where made a weird vibration and sound. Not one that would be very obvious unless you drive it daily type deals. Anyway. Immediately after that we lost heat and began to over heat. We were in the middle of no where (with a tow many hours out) and had to limp it home when it cooled down enough to move.

The top rad hose was hot and rock hard while the lower was cool and empty. Oil was clean and fine. Antifreeze was pretty clean as well.

I did the usual. Cap-thermostat-coolant temp sensor. Nothing changed. Everywhere Iíve looked has lead me to believe the water pump chain failed.

I am in need of a diagram of the water pump on a 2011. I do know there is a tool to hold the timing chain in place while you replace it. Beyond that it will be my first time.

Iíve never dealt with a chain driven water pump and I hope this is the last. Any advice or tips would be great as I canít find much solid advice on this anywhere else. Iíd rather talk to people who have actually done it.
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 05:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

Canalman is on a distinguished road

Hi I just replaced my water pump on my 2011 equinox v6 model. My wife started over heating and when she got home had fluid on the ground,the weird thing is it will only leak shortly after you have stopped driving. On this vehical it is easy to get to but expect to pay $500 /700 with parts and fluid included.I payed $500 from a great mechanic thats a friend...but this is a great vehical just have to maintain
Canalman is offline   Reply With Quote