Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Equinox, Terrain & SRX Knowledge Center > Equinox, Terrain + SRX Recalls

Equinox, Terrain + SRX Recalls

Moisture in Headlights

This is a discussion on Moisture in Headlights within the Equinox, Terrain + SRX Recalls forums, part of the Equinox, Terrain & SRX Knowledge Center category!
Originally Posted by Kevin I ended up pulling mine out n baking it n pulling it apart n drying it ...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2014, 09:20 PM   #16 (permalink)

dsweeney05 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
I ended up pulling mine out n baking it n pulling it apart n drying it out n painting it n put it bak together with black gasket seal n hasn't condensate yet, been bout 3 months
Would you happen to have a write up on doing this, along with some pictures?
dsweeney05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 05:52 PM   #17 (permalink)

toyhauler1283 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by SalsaNox View Post
I dont know how much truth to this, but for those that are out of warranty, (& cannot afford new headlights) I was told that if you drill small holes under or behind the housing, it creates a vent & avoids the condensation... *Again, I dont know if its true... don't go drilling unless you're sure; I wont be held responsible for any errors in driling the housing.
I did this to mine and it worked just fine. I put a 1/8" hole towards the center of the car towards the very bottom edge worked perfectly
toyhauler1283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 01:36 PM   #18 (permalink)

DVB1 is on a distinguished road

Same issue with mine. Both headlights got that way. After changing the headlights a few times/yr. I finally decided to try drilling the hole since one of the lights looked like a fish tank. It's been just over a yr and haven't had any headlights go out. I still see the moisture though.
Old 09-19-2017, 08:37 PM   #19 (permalink)

atlmom is on a distinguished road

Same issue with my 2008 Chevy Equinox. After years of being frustrated with foggy headlights and having to replace the bulbs about every 6-8 months, I got new headlight assemblies on both sides last year and it made the car look newer. It wasn't cheap (about $85 for each assembly) but so far the condensation has not come back.
atlmom is offline   Reply With Quote