Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Equinox, Terrain & SRX Knowledge Center > Detailing Tips and Tricks

Detailing Tips and Tricks

problem after cleaning water spots

This is a discussion on problem after cleaning water spots within the Detailing Tips and Tricks forums, part of the Equinox, Terrain & SRX Knowledge Center category!
Need help/advice please. I have a black 2012 Equinox just bought used and after first wash, had water spots that ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2015, 06:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

tns58 is on a distinguished road
Default problem after cleaning water spots

Need help/advice please. I have a black 2012 Equinox just bought used and after first wash, had water spots that would not come off. Someone suggested dilute white vinegar and spray and wipe. I used 4 oz. of white vinegar to 28oz. of water and used a microfiber towel to wipe off quickly, and then another clean microfiber towel to wipe again. tried on the hood and it took off the water spots, but a few mins. later I noticed tiny white specs on the hood. You could kind of scrape some off with your fingernail. Hood also looks duller now. Is this wax coming off? What do I need to do next? Apply wax or cleaner? Clay bar and then wax? The solution should have been safe at this dilution and it did not stay on very long. Did I screw up bad? Appreciate your input.
tns58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 11:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

3fingers is on a distinguished road

Hmm clay the paint and polishing it should remove it and restore its finish.
3fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 08:49 AM   #3 (permalink)

equilover is on a distinguished road

I use Meguiar's A3714 Compound Water Spot Remover. Got mine from Amazon. It's effective.
equilover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 09:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
Admin

dietz4ibanez is on a distinguished road

It might be a little pricey but I use this stuff that you can use after a wash called EZdetailer, it's around $15 a can but one can us good for 3-5 vehicles.

EZ WAX 579221 Premium EZ Detailer Waterless Cleaning Spray Wax - Rakuten.com

If your car is dusty you can use it to wash your vehicle but if it's muddy better get that thing pre-washed. It's a wax on, wax off formula. You can use it on windows and everywhere else, it'll also buff out some scratches while you buff it by hand.

Once you wipe it in, you'll notice the haze, spray sparingly throughout the entire body the vehicle. Go back again with a new towel and wipe away the haze. It be the best your vehicle looks after a wash/wax.
dietz4ibanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 10:37 PM   #5 (permalink)

EQui is on a distinguished road

I'm having the same problem too. Will take note of the suggestions.
EQui is offline   Reply With Quote