Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Equinox, Terrain & SRX Knowledge Center > Detailing Tips and Tricks

Detailing Tips and Tricks

Porter Cable DA Polisher

This is a discussion on Porter Cable DA Polisher within the Detailing Tips and Tricks forums, part of the Equinox, Terrain & SRX Knowledge Center category!
Originally Posted by Faze Actually my self, and Jarrod offer those for 120ish shipped... With the cheap 30 dollar "buffers" ...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2011, 11:16 PM   #16 (permalink)

rbiggers is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Faze View Post
Actually my self, and Jarrod offer those for 120ish shipped...

With the cheap 30 dollar "buffers" from walmart n auto zone. All you're doing is putting in micro maring, and swirls.

The PorterCable with the proper pad and polish/compound will correct the paint. The pc is the easiest safest machine to use on your paint hands down.

Check into these kits here.

http://www.adamspolishes.com/c-14-po...polishing.aspx
So one of the cheap one's will still damage your paint, even if it is simply used to apply wax and no other paint correction?

2011 Chevy Silverado LT 4X4 CC 6.2L - Sheer Silver Metallic
rbiggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:03 PM   #17 (permalink)

Ian6 is on a distinguished road

cheap buffer means it uses cheap bonnets or pads which WILL damage your paint! honestly any towel that is not a premium microfiber will swirl your paint so anything from autozone or any towel that comes with a tag sewn on will damage your paint. and since your nox is black you will see every bit of the swirls. the porter cable with the adams system is the most forgiving polisher and product combo hands down, the results are amazing. never done any machine polishing? get the PC! a full paint correction takes LOTS of time, time that a detail shop isnt going to have unless you're paying close to 400 maybe more depending on the condition of the paint [level of swirlness], and at that price you could by an adams arsenal of products and a pc. if you want as perfect of a finish that is possible on a daily driver you need to stop taking your car to the car wash [unless its touchless] and then hand wash again at home. and then head over to www.adamsforums.com and do some reading. or just watch the instructional vids lol
Ian6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 03:15 PM   #18 (permalink)
Admin

dietz4ibanez is on a distinguished road

I like the instruction videos when done by the girl...
dietz4ibanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 05:30 PM   #19 (permalink)

Ian6 is on a distinguished road

oh yeah, to bad there's only one lol
Ian6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:24 PM   #20 (permalink)

rbiggers is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Ian6 View Post
cheap buffer means it uses cheap bonnets or pads which WILL damage your paint! honestly any towel that is not a premium microfiber will swirl your paint so anything from autozone or any towel that comes with a tag sewn on will damage your paint. and since your nox is black you will see every bit of the swirls. the porter cable with the adams system is the most forgiving polisher and product combo hands down, the results are amazing. never done any machine polishing? get the PC! a full paint correction takes LOTS of time, time that a detail shop isnt going to have unless you're paying close to 400 maybe more depending on the condition of the paint [level of swirlness], and at that price you could by an adams arsenal of products and a pc. if you want as perfect of a finish that is possible on a daily driver you need to stop taking your car to the car wash [unless its touchless] and then hand wash again at home. and then head over to www.adamsforums.com and do some reading. or just watch the instructional vids lol
Good advice! Only hand washing or touchless car washes here. I'll have to invest in the PC. I am VERY particular.

2011 Chevy Silverado LT 4X4 CC 6.2L - Sheer Silver Metallic
rbiggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 10:54 PM   #21 (permalink)

3fingers is on a distinguished road

Reviving this thread, has anyone encountered a knocking sound with their PC once added pressure?
3fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 02:41 PM   #22 (permalink)
Admin

dietz4ibanez is on a distinguished road

No, that might be a sign that its on the way out!

Mine does not do that.
dietz4ibanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 08:36 PM   #23 (permalink)

3fingers is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by dietz4ibanez View Post
No, that might be a sign that its on the way out!

Mine does not do that.
Hmm, I have asked the service center, they said the bearing have to be replaced. Thanks by the way.
dietz4ibanez likes this.
3fingers is offline   Reply With Quote