Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox General Discussion > 05-09 Equinox Maintenance

05-09 Equinox Maintenance

strange noise when awd activates

This is a discussion on strange noise when awd activates within the 05-09 Equinox Maintenance forums, part of the Chevy Equinox General Discussion category!
I have an 05 equinox awd Ls . I haven't had the vehicle long . the other weekend I was ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2013, 09:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

chaz34racing is on a distinguished road
Default strange noise when awd activates

I have an 05 equinox awd Ls . I haven't had the vehicle long . the other weekend I was going through a muddy field to get to my hunting cabin. As I was going up a slick hill the vehicle started to lose traction . when the fronts started spinning , it mad a strange low pitched rubbing/clicking noise coming from the mid to rear area . the back tires never spun , just fronts and made the noise . it drive fine on road with no issues or noise . to try and relate the noise to something , it sounds as if you are spinning tires in the snow on a gravel driveway in the winter . any ideas on were to start looking ? I've read threads about these vehicles have clutches in the rear diff . thank
chaz34racing is offline   Reply With Quote