Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox General Discussion > 05-09 Equinox Maintenance

05-09 Equinox Maintenance

Need help with Theft Deterrent System

This is a discussion on Need help with Theft Deterrent System within the 05-09 Equinox Maintenance forums, part of the Chevy Equinox General Discussion category!
my 07 Nox is acting as if someone was breaking into the vehicle and will not allow it to start. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2013, 10:38 AM   #1 (permalink)

JayLT484 is on a distinguished road
Default Need help with Theft Deterrent System

my 07 Nox is acting as if someone was breaking into the vehicle and will not allow it to start. I tried with the key and no luck and I've tried with the remote start and no luck. Im hoping you guys can give me some advice before i spend the money to get it towed and worked on.
JayLT484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Admin

dietz4ibanez is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Need help with Theft Deterrent System

I am assuming your remote start was installed after market.

If this is the case it sounds like the immobilizer module for the theft deterrent either needs reset or replaced. If you take apart the under side of the dash below the steering wheel you are looking for a small 2"by 2" module. By finding the specific model number of the immobilizer you will be able to research the reset instructions. Normally you press and hold the reset button until the LED display blinks, start the car and it should reset to the pass lock.

If this does not work, disconnect it and replace it.

The passlock will reset within 15-20 minutes and should start. If it does not restart, try remote start and hit the brake to kill it, then wait it out.

Sometimes these immobilizers go bad when you replace the battery.
dietz4ibanez is offline   Reply With Quote