Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox General Discussion > 05-09 Equinox Maintenance

05-09 Equinox Maintenance

Coolant Leak Near Belt Tensioner

This is a discussion on Coolant Leak Near Belt Tensioner within the 05-09 Equinox Maintenance forums, part of the Chevy Equinox General Discussion category!
On my '05 LT AWD I have been trying to trace a coolant leak that keeps draining the tank near ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2013, 08:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

equalknocks is on a distinguished road
Default Coolant Leak Near Belt Tensioner

On my '05 LT AWD I have been trying to trace a coolant leak that keeps draining the tank near the battery. I can't find any evidence of a leak from the head gaskets or manifold gaskets, at least as far as I can see with a flaslight and mirror from underneath or above. I can see a wet streak coming from the bolt just behind the belt tensioner pulley a little toward the engine center line, as the engine cools down this streak migrates down to become a slow drip coming off the front of the oil pan. This bolt seems to be part of an assembly that houses the water pump, and also attaches to one of the motor mounts. I have read that this might be the timing cover. Has anyone ever seen a leak in this area, and how much work is it to fix?
equalknocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Admin

dietz4ibanez is on a distinguished road

Did you ever get this figured out? I hope there was a easy solution.
dietz4ibanez is offline   Reply With Quote