Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox General Discussion > 05-09 Equinox Maintenance

05-09 Equinox Maintenance

AC Compressor keeps seizing.

This is a discussion on AC Compressor keeps seizing. within the 05-09 Equinox Maintenance forums, part of the Chevy Equinox General Discussion category!
I hope that someone might be able to shed some light on a recurring problem with my 2010 Equinox LS. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2020, 01:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

JlWilton is on a distinguished road
Default AC Compressor keeps seizing.

I hope that someone might be able to shed some light on a recurring problem with my 2010 Equinox LS.

This past summer the AC Compressor seized up. I had it replaced...which was not cheap. The care worked good for about a month and it seized up again. The dealership replaced the part, which was under warranty.

This has happened two more times. We had it replaced a month ago and this morning, it seized up again!

The service department said they have not been able to discern why it keeps happening. Has anyone else dealt with this? Thank you very much.
JlWilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 12:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

cavell is on a distinguished road

So, parts/labor to fix now is covered by repair warranty? I bet shop is saying, go away. In years past, you might put filter on suction side of lines. Donít know if that is an option theses days. I had a bum compressor on my caddy and there was crud in orifice tube that I cleaned out. I put on new compressor and it worked but so-so. Never was ice cold. Usually parts house makes you prove you changed condenser to ensure no debris in system. Did you do that?
cavell is offline   Reply With Quote