Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox General Discussion > 05-09 Equinox Maintenance

05-09 Equinox Maintenance

2008 Equinox Hot Start Problem

This is a discussion on 2008 Equinox Hot Start Problem within the 05-09 Equinox Maintenance forums, part of the Chevy Equinox General Discussion category!
Hey all...so I have seen many different posts across the web regarding this but not answers. 2008 Chevy Equinox starts ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2017, 04:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

MyEquioxblah is on a distinguished road
Default 2008 Equinox Hot Start Problem

Hey all...so I have seen many different posts across the web regarding this but not answers.
2008 Chevy Equinox starts just fine when the engine is cold. When the engine is warm and turned off and it sits for about 45 minutes or more; it will start however, it cranks and cranks and cranks before it starts. It does the whole take your hand off the key and it continues to try and start on it's own.
Seems that pressing on the accelerator helps.
Once it starts it runs fine.
I've tried turning the key to the on position to allow the fuel pump to prime but that does not help.
Sometimes and rarely when it starts there'e a loud clunking...almost like the starter is getting kicked back (the only way I can really describe it).
A side note. I don't know if this is a coincidence but this didn't start until after I had brought it in to the dealership for warranty repair which consisted of:
- New plug wires.
- Replacement sensor in the Throttle body.
- New fuel pump.

I have brought this in multiple times and all they say is "we can't get it to do it, it starts just fine for us". It does this every single day for me...like clock work. Bunch of a holes!

No SES light. No codes in the computer.
I'm in Chicago and it's been decently hot here if that helps.

Anyone....anyone???
MyEquioxblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 08:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

atlmom is on a distinguished road
Default Same here

I have a similar issue but have not pin pointed the conditions in which my car is slow to start. It has gotten progressively worse over the past three months but now takes longer to turn over and start. My dad thinks it's the fuel pump. Various YouTube videos suggested the ignition relay, ECM (engine control module) or battery. I will start with the cheaper solutions prior to checking the ECM or fuel pump...
atlmom is offline   Reply With Quote