Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox General Discussion > 05-09 Equinox Maintenance

05-09 Equinox Maintenance

08 Equinox P0404

This is a discussion on 08 Equinox P0404 within the 05-09 Equinox Maintenance forums, part of the Chevy Equinox General Discussion category!
Hi all, Got check engine light on my wife's car along w service stabilitrak and TC. So took it and ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2017, 06:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

JustinBPitman is on a distinguished road
Default 08 Equinox P0404

Hi all,

Got check engine light on my wife's car along w service stabilitrak and TC. So took it and had codes read and had P0404 and P042E. Tried cleaning the EGR valve and it took the code away for a few days but it came back. So decided to go ahead and replace it. Code went away again for few days but now its back along w 2 others. Still have P0404 and now C0561 and P1779. Was hoping the new EGR valve would clear this all up but nope. Anyone else had this problem or know what i can do to get that code away? Kinda bummed out i paid $75 for the new part and still have the light. Thanks in advance
JustinBPitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 04:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

SD70ACEJM is on a distinguished road

I had the same issue. I bought a Delphi off of Amazon and installed it, cleared code and it came back. I exchanged the Delphi EGR valve with another and I got the same results. I even took it to my dealer and they told me I needed an AcDelco EGR valve. They wanted to do the job and it was going to cost 334 dollars. I laughed inside. I ended up buying an AcDelco EGR valve and cleared my codes, and after 2 days as of May 12 2017 I do not have a stabilitrac issue nor is my Equinox shifting weird going into 3rd gear.

Bottom line, if you didn't get an OEM AcDelco part and are having the p0404 code still, I highly recommend that you get an AcDelco EGR valve. I got mine for 90 shipped off of Amazon.

I hope that helps.

Josh
SD70ACEJM is offline   Reply With Quote