Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox General Discussion > 05-09 Equinox General Forum

05-09 Equinox General Forum

usual 06 front end noise?

This is a discussion on usual 06 front end noise? within the 05-09 Equinox General Forum forums, part of the Chevy Equinox General Discussion category!
new to me 06 nox has a nasty rattle/buzz when i hit a bump with driver tire but today i ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2018, 05:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

cavell is on a distinguished road
Default usual 06 front end noise?

new to me 06 nox has a nasty rattle/buzz when i hit a bump with driver tire but today i noticed if i hit a bump with the pass tire it sounds much more solid and better absorbed. i am leaning towards maybe a bad ball joint on driver side? i did use a pry bar to try to see if there was any wiggle in the ball joint but nothing. maybe try the squeeze test with a big channel lock? or pop off the joint and see if there is any play?
cavell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 10:55 AM   #2 (permalink)

cavell is on a distinguished road

changed ball joint, it looked ok, changed rear bushing on cntl arm, a bit of slop but not bad. i would say noise issue is better but the vague shimmy looseness from the front end remains. almost like a quiver feeling. i did notice the rear trans mount has a little sag. i can lift trans with pry bar about 1/2" but all my tech friends say that is normal mount squish. maybe the mount under the battery tray is bad as that one is side loaded.

i have had 2 saturn vues with the v6 and both were solid with no looseness feeling. my kid still has one and i drive it occasionally and it is solid also. her vue has original struts and motor mounts and only 1 new wheel bearing in 5 yrs time
cavell is offline   Reply With Quote