Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox General Discussion > 05-09 Equinox General Forum

05-09 Equinox General Forum

Strange door lock issue

This is a discussion on Strange door lock issue within the 05-09 Equinox General Forum forums, part of the Chevy Equinox General Discussion category!
I had a problem with the front passenger door window not working. I found some of the wires in the ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2014, 11:14 AM   #1 (permalink)

jbundy19 is on a distinguished road
Default Strange door lock issue

I had a problem with the front passenger door window not working. I found some of the wires in the door jamb as broken. Two of the wires went to the window motor and one of them was for the door lock. I repaired all three wires and now the window works. The door actuator makes a noise when you press the switch or the FOB, but it never locks the door. The drivers side and the drivers side passenger door won't lock either. The passenger side rear door locks fine everytime and unlocks fine. I'm not sure why the other doors won't lock. The actuators attempt to lock the doors, but its like their not getting enough power. Any ideas what would be causing this? I would think a fuse or relay wouldn't allow the actuator to even move. Thanks
jbundy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 11:56 AM   #2 (permalink)

jbundy19 is on a distinguished road

I forgot the doors lock when the equinox is put into drive, but won't unlock after putting it back in park.
jbundy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 06:53 PM   #3 (permalink)

beigmatt is on a distinguished road

Does it always lock for you when you put it into drive? That's very weird.

Regardless the new part is almost $200 at my local Advanced Auto Zone.

Maybe the rods got bent? I was able to bend mine until it worked.
beigmatt is offline   Reply With Quote