Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox General Discussion > 05-09 Equinox General Forum

05-09 Equinox General Forum

Problems with 2007 LS...only owned for 1 month :(

This is a discussion on Problems with 2007 LS...only owned for 1 month :( within the 05-09 Equinox General Forum forums, part of the Chevy Equinox General Discussion category!
Hello everyone! I'm a new Equinox owner...bought a 2007 LS a month ago w/ 91K miles on it. We were ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 08:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

mom2fth is on a distinguished road
Default Problems with 2007 LS...only owned for 1 month :(

Hello everyone! I'm a new Equinox owner...bought a 2007 LS a month ago w/ 91K miles on it. We were replacing a 98 Subaru Forester with a mulitude of problems hoping to be getting something problem-free for a while. Well, 2 weeks in, my check engine light came on. Ran codes at Auto Zone and said it was TPS (which of course is built into the throttle body ). Took it back to the dealer, and the light had gone off. Dealer replaced the headlight that went out the same day (for free) and I left. Then the next day, the light came back on along with "Service StabiliTrak/Engine Power Reduced" and I was totally freaking out. Dealer cleaned the throttle body and we put in a gas treatment and better gas (thought maybe the car didn't like the cheap stuff I put in the day before). Been running OK for about a week. Two days ago my kids and I went to leave in the morning and it wouldn't start. Needed a new battery...luckily we know someone who works at O'Reillys so we got one for a great price. Now, when I'm driving ~ 60mph it feels like the car is lunging. No CEL or anything, just feels almost like a stumble. I've done some searching and found some pretty scary stuff on tranny's in these cars. Is it the tranny? (we did get a 2yr/24k powertrain warranty) Or does it need plugs & wires? Please help! I haven't even made the first payment on this car and it's having all these problems! Thanks
mom2fth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

mswerb is on a distinguished road

Was it bought at a dealership?? If it was I would contact the salesman and tell him of your problems. Because you have had it for such a short time AND have not made a payment yet, they hopefully will help you out. IF it was bought at a dealership, they want to keep you as a service customer as well. Good luck and keep us posted.
I have a 2007 LS as well and love it. Just turned 80,500 miles, bought with 49,000 on it.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:14 AM   #3 (permalink)

mom2fth is on a distinguished road

It was purchased at a used car lot affiliated with a dealer. I've already been up there 4 times in the past month and wanted to know if it could be something simple like a tune up instead of going up there AGAIN and looking like an idiot. So I was hoping for some feedback from people who may have had this problem. Could it be a fuel filter or plugs/wires or something else?
mom2fth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

mswerb is on a distinguished road

Take it back, have them service it. If they are a good dealership they should take care of the problem. If not, word of mouth travels fast.