Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox General Discussion > 05-09 Equinox General Forum

05-09 Equinox General Forum

noisy rear on 08 Nox

This is a discussion on noisy rear on 08 Nox within the 05-09 Equinox General Forum forums, part of the Chevy Equinox General Discussion category!
Hey all, I have a nasty grinding/thunking sound coming from the right rear/rear diff, when I turn at slow speeds. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2017, 04:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

BMC_RET is on a distinguished road
Default noisy rear on 08 Nox

Hey all,
I have a nasty grinding/thunking sound coming from the right rear/rear diff, when I turn at slow speeds. I did get on drain and refill done on the RDM with Mobile 1 full synthetic 75-90 gear oil, which is the correct stuff for the bigger RDM in the Sport model. NO, it doesn't take Versatrak fluid. The stuff that drained out was NASTY!!! And the noise is a little bit better, but not much. Should I switch to the GM fluid for the rear??? Or should I look somewhere else. Also, I should say that I had the car in the shop, they had it on a lift and I ran it up to 60 MPH for several minutes and they listened to both rear hubs and the RDM, and no odd noises from anywhere. And te RDM stayed cool to the touch.

John
BMC_RET is offline   Reply With Quote